Seat/Cupra Ateca roof bars removal

St3n

Feb 15, 2017
Hi guys, I have Cupra 2019, changing to Formentor once it will be released, and 1st thing I would like to do is to remove the roof bars (rails).
Question is - does anyone here has removed their bars from ateca? (i believe it will be similar)

Thanks!

Tell

Staff member
The Formentor has roof bars in these pictures

You'd end up with an Ateca with holes in the roof.

Can't say I'm into roof rails v roof bars. But what comes off are the roof bars not the rails unless you were taking the body apart. Perhaps your Ateca had the bars fitted as an accessory. They are held with keys generally other than that we are talking rails. Bar goes across, rail goes along. Probable a mute point whether the bars are interchangeable... That's more the issue as to whether the top box etc is interchangeable. You need the measurements of the rail length I guess on the two vehicles and compare. If identical you would be in with a chance.

Screen shot of rails & bars.

Perhaps you do want the holes in the roof ?. All Ateca's to my knowledge come with rails.

It's going to be in the maintenance body part pdfs.

You need this Ateca manual to read. Buy yourself £7 worth of internet time on Erwin to download the manual.

Treasure trove of PDF materiel.

Screenshot_20201130-122114.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201130-120059.png
    Screenshot_20201130-120059.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 276

St3n

Feb 15, 2017
Thanks for the reply.. still a bit confused... So You say the roof bars de-attached, leaves a holes, and the construction is not allowing to close them by design, need an external job to cover it?

Tell

Staff member
I would have thought so or a bolt is sticking up. The body repair manual which I referenced is the workshop guide. That's the one any repairs are worked to. I notice it alludes to two types of Ateca roofs one with rails one without... or that was envisaged.

Page 174
》》
Note In case of a replacement, please bear in mind when ordering the re‐placement part that there are roof types with and without roof railings
《《

Think you need to have a word with a body shop about that. But certainly the manual refers to a roof rail bracket and two different types of roofs with and without rail. So suspect you end up with a stud if you got it off one way or another. Also the roof is replaced by cutting it out !. Fun read are these manuals.

I'd accept the rails on a Cupra ?.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.