SEAT drivers the worst at basic car checks

Do you check your oil, conduct basic checks?

• Yes. Once a month at least, sometimes more often!

Votes: 56 62.9%
  • Yes. Occasionally..every few months!

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • No. Leave it to the service schedule!

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • No. Where does the oil go?

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Obviously this is a bit of spin to push a new marketing campaign for an oil manufacturer, but I thought it was interesting enough to publish.

I've also set our own 'unscientific' poll above to see if SEATCupra.net members buck the supposed trend in regards to simple oil checks.

Try to be honest. :D

danny20vt

going back to basics
since 2002 i've had my PCV and HGV licences and its a legal requirement for me to do a basic walk around check of the vehicles before they go on the road. Altough i don't check the oil, water and so on, on my car every day, i have found myself walking around the passenger side and back of the car looking at the tyres and lights as soon as i've got it out of the garage in the morning...

...am i going insane????? :blink:

answers on a postcard :cartman:

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
I can see why Alfa Romeo's have the most checks though, wonder how many are at the side of the road during those checks. :D

Exactly! The lower down your car is on their list ..... the more oil it drinks!

So thus we have the best cars in the world..... ever:D

I check my oil, coolant and magic tree every time i wash her.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
regular checks on all my cars - but i check oil and coolant on my current vehicle as it's a pug and tends to lose a bit of both every day, so needs some topping up ;)
But easily once a month, whatever car I have.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Need to add the "Never. That's what warning lights are for." option.

Although, I'm not a SEAT driver anymore....

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
this is the Quote that got me :cartman:

2 in 5 Audi owners now rely so heavily on their car’s technology that they wrongly believe it isn’t necessary to check between services

made my day

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
You missed a "no never check it, I leave it for the service guys - unless the light comes on" which I would have selected :)

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
I check oil, coolant, tyres (tread and pressures) etc once every couple of months - I know, I know, it's lazy, but I forget cos I just get in and drive him!

Last edited:

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
I clean my car every weekend and try to check the odd things like coolant and windscreen wash when I do that. As for oil and brake/power steering fluid I do check that monthly.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.