SEAT drivers the worst at basic car checks

Do you check your oil, conduct basic checks?

• Yes. Once a month at least, sometimes more often!

Votes: 56 62.9%
  • Yes. Occasionally..every few months!

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • No. Leave it to the service schedule!

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • No. Where does the oil go?

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
The trouble is the more cars get more autonomous the more people will get out of the habit of doing things like basic checks. When you have cars that warn you of oil, tyre pressure etc etc most people just get lazy. Its the same with driving people now rely on the hundreds of 3 letter acronyms to save them if they try and drive into a hedge.

If you drive a performance car then likely you will check it more as you area a bit of a car person (unless your a b(w)anker who has to have the latest porsche to show off to their mates come bonus time) so you will want to look after it more.

Seat-Chris

MK2 1.4 Sex :D
Jul 20, 2008
Derby
i onli drive a 1.4 mk2 ibiza im a mechanic but lazy as hell haha onli chek something if somethings gone wrong although i chek my oil and top up when i can be arsed because its got an oil leak :lol:

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Couple of times a month I'd say.. I think people lie.. A lot.. I mean with the general retarded nature of Vauxhall drivers, they are blatently worse! :lol:

MadFaz

New(ish)bee
Sep 28, 2008
Bradford
i never used to check anything on my previous car, but since I got the Ibiza, every other day but then again I go on a lot of long distance trips!

Nocturnity

I have to check things regularly cause everything bloody breaks!

D3DNA

May 14, 2006
Cov
Every morning/afternoon on the way to work I check the tyres (nearside>offside). Every Friday I check the lights, oil, under bonnet connections. Friday tends to be the day I clean the car so it's now become a routine of mine.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.