Seat Exeo rear amp.

Sherief

May 17, 2018
Hi all.

I recently fitted a Kenwood Dmx 7017dab head unit. I have a volume issue with the rear speakers.
What I wanted to do is run the rear speakers directly off the Headunit and run a additional sub.
I found the rear amp and want to tap into the plug for the rear speakers and power supply for the new amp.

Does anyone know what each cable or pin is in the amp plug of have a diagram

Many thanks

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Hi there Sherief,

Here's the pinout for the blue 23 pin connector (Harman amp) https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/35_1279120162.jpg

Here's the pinout for the black & mauve 32 pin connector (Bose amp) http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/user111393_pic75810_1158783987.jpg

The amps receive line level signal from the audio, convert/amplify it and send it to the rear speakers (or front & rear if you had Bose). If you're isolating the factory amp, you will need to run speaker wire from your Kenwood head unit to this connector, then use 1.5mm male terminals to tap into the connector without cutting any of the OE wires.

You can use the remote/switched postive wire from the factory wiring but the standard permanent 12V power wire is 2.5mm² in non Bose and 4mm² in Bose cars so it's too thin for an aftermarket amp. What you need to do is either connect a proper power wire to the battery and hope that you find a hole in the bulkhead to poke it through, or consult an audio expert and see if you can connect the wire to Terminal 30 which is between the steering column and pedals. Take the lower dash trim off and you'll see a bolt with loads of red wires connected to it with ring terminals. YouTube Total Technik, they have all the A4 B7 trim removal videos you'll need to do the job, the only one that isn't the same to the Exeo is the door card video - the plastic trim comes off the opposite way.

I retrofitted Bose to mine a few weeks ago, your install should be easy by comparison :)

Good luck!

Sherief

May 17, 2018
Thank you for the detailed response, very much appreciated.
The amp I'm looking at fitting is part of a active subwoofer. It's an alpine it's fused with a 10amp fuse so won't draw anything more.
2.5mm should be good up to 13 amps.
I'm going to run speaker wire from the head unit and some Rca's the rest I'll take from the existing amp loom.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Ah I see, I thought you were going for a big chunky 4 channel amp.

I've just remembered the 12v and and earth (pins 22 & 23) need a wider male terminal. I believe it's VW part number 000979226A, which is a TE Connectivity JPT 2.8 gold plated male terminal for wires up to 2.5mm². This is my source for VW terminal info: http://www.t-g-s.de/epc/index.php5?title=Leitungssätze/pigtails_2,5qmm The part number for your blue amp connector is 1J0962623A, the female end in the connector is 000979225 and the 226 is the male end.

The male terminals won't lock into place so you'll need to wrap electrical tape around the wires and connector to hold them in place. I used these ones for my Bose install, the seller does different sizes for thicker or thinner wires. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181015837661 I have crimping tools and found that they didn't work, so I used a pair of standard pliers. If they were still a bit loose I stuck a blob of solder on them.

The easiest route for your wires is down the drivers side. The carpet sits on a couple of inches of foam so you can push your wires down the gap between the foam and the sill. Unfortunately due to the way it's designed you'll need to remove/loosen lots of trim just to get the sill trims off - A pillar, B pillar, dash side, slim trim behind the dash side, roof airbags, rear seat base, side of rear seat cushion and the boot trims. It may sound daunting but the Total Technik tutorials on YouTube make it easy. It took 3 days to get my Bose install done but that had a lot more wiring, book a couple of days off work and make sure you have food in the house before you start :) Some people say running the wires down the middle is easiest but I've read on several forums that the rear footwell section is so tight that you need to loosen the seats & carpet which means loosening all the trim I mentioned above.

Sherief

May 17, 2018
Thank you Tom.
My plan is to cut the plug off the amp and butt crimp the wires I need.
I'm planning on using wires on pin 22 and 23 to the new amp to power it. Pin 9 to turn on the amp.
Pin 17,18 20 and 21 Ill run speaker wires direct from new head unit to these wires to run the rear speakers as the rear speakers sound terrible at the moment.
I've worked out the wire routes, looks fairly straight forward.

Mar 25, 2020
Sorry to bring back up an old thread, I've recently fitted a dynavin n6 in my exeo and it comes with the Bose amp installed however I'm not getting sound from the ear speakers. I've had a look at the above wiring diagrams and for the 32 pin connector I only have three wires coming into it (pins 6, 21, 22) I believe if I connect an RCA to pins 21, 22 and connect this to the radio it should work?

Jul 8, 2020
Ah I see, I thought you were going for a big chunky 4 channel amp.

I've just remembered the 12v and and earth (pins 22 & 23) need a wider male terminal. I believe it's VW part number 000979226A, which is a TE Connectivity JPT 2.8 gold plated male terminal for wires up to 2.5mm². This is my source for VW terminal info: http://www.t-g-s.de/epc/index.php5?title=Leitungssätze/pigtails_2,5qmm The part number for your blue amp connector is 1J0962623A, the female end in the connector is 000979225 and the 226 is the male end.

The male terminals won't lock into place so you'll need to wrap electrical tape around the wires and connector to hold them in place. I used these ones for my Bose install, the seller does different sizes for thicker or thinner wires. https://cyberpunkclothing.net/ I have crimping tools and found that they didn't work, so I used a pair of standard pliers. If they were still a bit loose I stuck a blob of solder on them.

The easiest route for your wires is down the drivers side. The carpet sits on a couple of inches of foam so you can push your wires down the gap between the foam and the sill. Unfortunately due to the way it's designed you'll need to remove/loosen lots of trim just to get the sill trims off - A pillar, B pillar, dash side, slim trim behind the dash side, roof airbags, rear seat base, side of rear seat cushion and the boot trims. It may sound daunting but the Total Technik tutorials on YouTube make it easy. It took 3 days to get my Bose install done but that had a lot more wiring, book a couple of days off work and make sure you have food in the house before you start :) Some people say running the wires down the middle is easiest but I've read on several forums that the rear footwell section is so tight that you need to loosen the seats & carpet which means loosening all the trim I mentioned above.
this really works! i have tried!

Aug 31, 2021
I've got a 2012 exeo tech pack , I've been looking for an android head unit and have heard all sorts of stories about losing the rear speakers . I dont know if I've got an amp or not but I know its got bose speakers and it sounds well. I just cant take any more medium wave talksport . I'd like to spend some money on a nice head unit but I'd like something that I can just plug and play. Can anyone recommend a good head unit , android and no messing about with splicing , crimping and adding any further wiring, or if there is anyway that I can find my amp if I have one . If I do have one then which is the best head unit I can buy for up to 400 quid or if I don't have the amp then which one do i need, I'm really stuck with this.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.