Seat have made the list

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Seen this article on the Daily Mail Online....utter tosh imo.

https://dailym.ai/2Qeh9rY

Having owning over 15 Vauxhalls on the last 18 years none have ever caused my any issues.

A car reliability is greatly influenced on how it's been looked after through it's life.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I think the other irritating thing is, it says expect problems with the Ibiza after >9 years. Inevitably anything that sits/drives outside in rain, snow, sun for 9 years is going to need some money spent on it.

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
I agree sounds like tosh to me. Also seems to be the more popular cars that are least reliable. Because there's more of them!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Also, at the bottom it says VW Polo is the most reliable. I have a mate that would punch the journalist in the face for saying that. His 2010 Polo he bought from new has had to have 2 engine rebuilds.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Also, at the bottom it says VW Polo is the most reliable. I have a mate that would punch the journalist in the face for saying that. His 2010 Polo he bought from new has had to have 2 engine rebuilds.
My sister in law has a polo 1.0, it had to have a new head gasket and the valves replaced when it hit 70k, also the alternator and esp system give up the ghost at the same time.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria

I have a friend who had a Polo R which needed an Engine rebuild. There were multiple problems with the car throughout the time they had it (bought new as well)

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Seen this article on the Daily Mail Online....utter tosh imo.

https://dailym.ai/2Qeh9rY

Having owning over 15 Vauxhalls on the last 18 years none have ever caused my any issues.

A car reliability is greatly influenced on how it's been looked after through it's life.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We had a 10 month old Vauxhall for 8 years and it was the most badly engineered heap we ever had. Parts fell off, parts broke, parts had design defects that were never corrected - and several GM dealers across the country were as much use as chocolate fireguards too. Shame we were too poor to trade it for something better. At the time I said never again, and now they're selling recycled Peugeots (Grandland X for a start), that goes double.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.