Seat ibiza 2020 parking sensors and camera

Feb 19, 2021
Hi there looking at getting parking sensors fitted and camera would like them direct to headunit but in my glovebox where the cd player should be its blanked off can this stil be done ?

Thanks
Simon

Last edited:

Big Vinny

Oct 14, 2012
I had the SEAT dealer fitted rear camera on our 2019 FR. It was a total ripoff of £200 ! It is nothing but a fairly low definition image on the head unit with no guidance bars. I was expecting the steering guided (bending) distance bars but got nothing. I complained to the dealer who basically said tough luck that all you get on the Ibiza. The camera I have just gives you a better view of the thing you are about to reverse into !

Feb 19, 2021
In your glovebox is there a cd player ? Mighy just parking sensors then but would like them on screen i know that can be activated on obd11
Thanks

Big Vinny

Oct 14, 2012
The camera is the one in the SEAT accessories brochure and is plugged into the glovebox unit with the CD drive in it. The camera can be very easily activated with a single "click" with OBD11 or other software.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd expect that the only type of place that would retro fit sensors and camera same as factory would be a proper retro fitter of VW Group bits and it will cost serious money.

Even if you took this job on yourself, it would cost serious money just for the parts, extra programming is also needed, so you would either need to buy VCDS etc or get a useful VAG Indie to do that for you.

Getting a SEAT dealer to retro fit parking sensors will normally only mean getting a Vodaphone kit fitted that will not integrate into your car's systems fully, but in practical terms these parking sensors will a lot better than nothing.

I did an "as factory" retro fit of front parking sensors into my S4, very expensive but in my mind worth it.

No VW Group dealership will accept the work of retro fitting stuff as per factory, as firstly, they will not have anyone that can do that work quickly/well/right first time, and secondly, their hourly rate would mean that they would get get your business.

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
Hi there looking at getting parking sensors fitted and camera would like them direct to headunit but in my glovebox where the cd player should be its blanked off can this stil be done ?

Thanks
Simon

Hi, I had a 5" screen radio in my fr and no cd player in glove box, but i made install rear camera from factory and the radio had the hardware if your radio does not have the hardware to the rear camera it will never work only the radios with cd player and big screen are prepared to receive the rear camera and you can activated with obdeleven.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise