SEAT in BTCC 2011???

Leonidas

I cant help it but here it goes. Whats the chances of SEAT in BTCC next year???

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Chances are that Special Tuning will run again next year with a NGTC engine in the Leon chassis

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Tom Boardman has actually said that the NGTC engine is the way forward.

I suspect that as AndrewJB says, he will run an NGTC Leon (or 2 if a second driver with the cash comes along, Special Tuning own 4 Chassis')

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Good news. I reckon it'll be a Seat unit as well, as I'm not actually sure what the new NGTC rules are on using an engine from another manufacturer. I think the TOCA-supplied one is a little different because it's basically supposed to be an engine with no branding or anything, even if it has Vauxhall origins.

Lots of turbos next year then, I wonder who will have the best.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I Would imagine Special Tuning will be using the same VAG basis engine as Shaun will be in the Golf

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
If they go for different tuners, then it could be very interesting to see who's done the better job. Or can AmD do their own engines in-house?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
AMD and Special Tuning will both do their own in house ones i would imagine as they are both tuning companies

Leonidas

This is the best news iv heard all year...
I wonder who'll be the second driver :)

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
you heard it here first ;)

giovanardifabrizio.jpg

or Boardmans Enemy of 2010
4675857104_decf023004_z.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
AMD and Special Tuning will both do their own in house ones i would imagine as they are both tuning companies

That article above says Special Tuning are working with a well known engine builder, that's why I was wondering how they'd get on with the same basic engine, but from different companies.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
No official word from RML yet Regarding JP as far as im aware but im sure if RML Pullde out he wudnt look any further than a Leon again

Leonidas

I dont know anything about the rules but could the 2ltr engine in the supercopa be modified to NGTC spec?
If so its already around the right bhp and all...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.