SEAT Kessy unlocking issue

tuathanach

Apr 18, 2021
Hi everyone,

Newbie here. Good to meet you all.

I picked up my new Leon Xcellence (Irish spec; varies slightly from UK spec), 2021 last Thursday. I just adore it. I'm on cloud 9. I do, however, have an issue with the Kessy keyless entry system. It is driving me absolutely insane.

Kessy locking using sensor = works a treat.
Kessy unlocking using sensor = works the odd time (almost never once the car has been sitting 'cold' for any period of time).

I've tried changing the batteries (even though the car is only 4 days old (just in case), second key has the same issue. I'm planning to call the dealer on Monday to try and get it booked in to have a look.

I wondered if others have experienced similar issues?

dan555

Sep 29, 2020

Lots of people are experiencing the same issue - see later posts.

It's also mentioned is some other threads.

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Thank you so much for getting back. Is the software upgrade available already or one of those 'will be available in the future'?
You take it to the dealer and the update the software on the kessy computer.

Not sure if it's a recall or required update, or the dealer would need to go throught the diagnosis process before doing the update

Reactions: Tell

tuathanach

Apr 18, 2021
You take it to the dealer and the update the software on the kessy computer.

Not sure if it's a recall or required update, or the dealer would need to go throught the diagnosis process before doing the update
Thank you so much, Dan. I'll give them a buzz tomorrow. It might sound silly but just knowing that 'it isn't just my car' makes it all so much better. lol. I've been demented all weekend thinking they'd sold me that one car that has the issue. :)

HarryJ

Feb 27, 2021
Thank you so much, Dan. I'll give them a buzz tomorrow. It might sound silly but just knowing that 'it isn't just my car' makes it all so much better. lol. I've been demented all weekend thinking they'd sold me that one car that has the issue. :)
I had my car booked in to go to garage today to check the KESSY system, but they phoned yesterday saying there's a new "campaign" of updates, of which my car needs 7 out of 8 😂 rebooked for a full day on Thursday.

Fingers crossed that'll sort it!

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
I had my car booked in to go to garage today to check the KESSY system, but they phoned yesterday saying there's a new "campaign" of updates, of which my car needs 7 out of 8 😂 rebooked for a full day on Thursday.

Have fun with that, mine went in for updates twice, both times it stayed in.

First was the update was taking a while so had to be left overnight.

Second time one of the updates didn't work, and the front camera had to be replaced, it took 8 days waiting for the part. When I collected the car forgot it had ACC and had to spend another day in.

HarryJ

Feb 27, 2021
Have fun with that, mine went in for updates twice, both times it stayed in.

First was the update was taking a while so had to be left overnight.

Second time one of the updates didn't work, and the front camera had to be replaced, it took 8 days waiting for the part. When I collected the car forgot it had ACC and had to spend another day in.

Awwwww crap. Guess I'll be using the wife's car for a few days then!

Thanks for the heads up about the ACC though, I'll be sure to check that when I get it back!

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Awwwww crap. Guess I'll be using the wife's car for a few days then!

Thanks for the heads up about the ACC though, I'll be sure to check that when I get it back!
The ACC wasn't a serious issue they re ran the parameters which didn't fix it, turns out the car needed to be restarted, just a case of waiting 20minutes for everything to turn off.

It could all be different for you, might be different updates, they may work first time, you don't need any extra parts

tuathanach

Apr 18, 2021

Good luck Harry!

Mines is going in on Friday to have the Kessy checked. The guy on the phone didn't instill much confidence in me, though!! I'll report back on how it goes!

tuathanach

Apr 18, 2021
Got my car back this afternoon. All working good now. The guy on the desk of the service centre didn't instill all that much confidence in me and said 'it was a 'non-SEAT' fault, they cleared it, reset the system and did an update' and that if it happens again, to let them know.

Regardless, I'll enjoy it whilst it lasts!

Tell

Staff member
As I said on the other thread I reckon they have battery saving set on both sides for the Kessy. Only the left should go to sleep on a RHD like my Ateca which forces you on some days when it's left standing for you to open it drivers side. Reckon they have forced sleep mode on both sides in the affected vehicles. Will be a software error of toggling that setting on, on the drivers side or off for no power saving on Kessy that side. People have got in after opening the boot apparently which wakes up Kessy.

HarryJ

Feb 27, 2021
As I said on the other thread I reckon they have battery saving set on both sides for the Kessy. Only the left should go to sleep on a RHD like my Ateca which forces you on some days when it's left standing for you to open it drivers side. Reckon they have forced sleep mode on both sides in the affected vehicles. Will be a software error of toggling that setting on, on the drivers side or off for no power saving on Kessy that side. People have got in after opening the boot apparently which wakes up Kessy.

Yup I believe it'll be this! Got my car back yesterday and KESSY has worked everytime now so that's good!

Bluetooth still doesn't connect everytime though 😴 back to opening and closing the driver door again!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.