Seat leon 2.0 TFSI sounds like a diesel

Abs2788

Jul 28, 2014
West Yorkshire
Hi all,

I've recently bought a leon fr, the timing belt had apparently been done on June this year but receipt looked like a typed up letter but I had a fault code few days ago related to intake camshaft too slow bank 1.

I'm thinking maybe a tooth is out and could explain it. I've got the car booked in for Saturday for timing belt and water pump.

Can anyone shed any light maybe if they think it would be related to this only reason because I'm worried if it still sounds like a diesel after timing belt has been done

Thanks

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Take off the sump and clean the oil feed pick up pipe, it's blocked up with carbon and restricting oil pressure to the tensioner unit on the gearbox side of the head, making the chain slack. That's why you have the noise and that's why you have the fault.

Changing the belt won't make any difference.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
PCV can cause a rough idle. DV and Cam follower is also worth checking

They are tappy engines by nature though so even running sweet they do have a slight diesel-ish sound about them.

Abs2788

Jul 28, 2014
West Yorkshire
Well I'm changing Dv and can follower Saturday as well, if I get time I'll have a look at the oil feed as well. With the fault though, do you feel that's timing related like the tooth is out

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.