SEAT Leon Cupra R: The Ultimate SEAT storms into UK

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
RETURN OF THE CUPRA 'R'

The new SEAT Leon Cupra R is preparing to roar into UK showrooms becoming, in the process, the most powerful production car yet offered by SEAT UK. With 265 PS available from its 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine, the fire-breathing new Leon resurrects the iconic Cupra R badge last seen on the sleek Spaniard back in 2006.

Read more at SEATCupra.net...

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
New LCR

In the write up about the new LCR, the official statement was about its appeal to existing and potential new customers. I'm sorry, but at £25k, my money would be going on a Focus RS! I don't know what it is with VW group cars at the moment (£30k for a Golf R!!!!) but if they carry on like this, I'll be going elsewhere! A pity as being an LCR owner, I was so looking forward to the resurrection of the R badge and have been completely disappointed! A test drive might restore a little faith but I can't see it somehow even if in a recent test, the LCR did beat the RS in certain areas! Sorry Seat, but I think this new model is a missed opportunity!

saintelise

I would seriously consider the R when my 3 year deal on my Cupra is up next February, but at £25K and I guess a MK3 not that far away, too much wonga for not a lot more.

Check out the backs of the front seats :-o wierd shiny plastic!!

I do like the rear diffuser, although it owes much to the Focus RS and Renault Sport models.

I think I'll hang on to my 'standard' Cupra for now :D

LCR64

I m just the cook.
Mar 24, 2006
Same here

I ve had my LCR from new since Jan 2006 and I d be interested if it were not for the price tag and the impending MK3.

I m not a badge snob but in that price range the new R has lost a lot of its advantage.

karlw

AKA Shifty - Modded LCR
Jan 29, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
In the write up about the new LCR, the official statement was about its appeal to existing and potential new customers. I'm sorry, but at £25k, my money would be going on a Focus RS! I don't know what it is with VW group cars at the moment (£30k for a Golf R!!!!) but if they carry on like this, I'll be going elsewhere! A pity as being an LCR owner, I was so looking forward to the resurrection of the R badge and have been completely disappointed! A test drive might restore a little faith but I can't see it somehow even if in a recent test, the LCR did beat the RS in certain areas! Sorry Seat, but I think this new model is a missed opportunity!

Same here, If it was me id be Focus RS all the way, Sorry seat but beating it on "Some" areas for nearly £30k just isnt good enough

Cupra Jim

Nov 18, 2009
Coventry
Guys,

Has anyone seen one of these in person yet?

I'm collecting two next month for an organised SEAT event to put around a few tracks in the UK. I currently have the MK2 Leon Cupra and I'm interested too to asecrtain the full potential of this car.

Watch this space as I'll give a full update at the end of next month as I'm having to take them to scotland for a track day there, so I'll be driving one, you never know I moght be so impressed I'll buy one lol, which is what happened with my Cupra.

I'll get some piccys too.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
For those of us that need the two extra doors on a hatch the Seat is still a good option and well priced.

I really don't understand the hysteria about the pricing, cars are expensive across all models and brands thanks to the government - this is despite the fact that the UK is weirdly one of the cheapest places to buy a new car in Europe.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise