Sep 4, 2019
Hi all

I've had a search of the posts already here and there are a few that have similar problems but I don't think any are exactly the same, fingers crossed it is what's already been discussed as it's not too expensive to fix. (I'm not mechanically minded at all so forgive me if I'm being quite stupid!!)

Just today my car has flashed up a few error messages when I started the ignition.
I got ones for the ESP, auto start/stop system and tyre pressure system.
Previous posts have had a few of the above but not all I belive, and they say there's a sensor problem if memory serves.

I was just setting off to pick up the missus from work and didn't want to risk her wrath by not meeting her, so I drove it anyway after a quick visual check of the tyres.
The warning lights all switched off after a few mins of driving, but the auto start/stop system wouldn't work at any point.

When I got home I waited a little while with the engine off and tried the ignition again, and I didn't get any error messages pop up? Super confused at the moment!

Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks
Al

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi, I'm assuming it's a MK3 Leon? How old's the battery in it? I assume you don't have the usual things on like aircon, etc that disable the stop/start? Also... you may want to check the tyre pressures. Depending on the brand / type of tyre. If they are steel reinforced (runflats) they won't look any different deflated. I use this tyre guage and find it really accurate:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/RACE-RX001...22447&s=gateway&sprefix=race+x,aps,141&sr=8-4

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
How old is the car? Could be battery related as I know the Stop/Start system can be disabled by altering battery voltage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 4, 2019
How old is the car? Could be battery related as I know the Stop/Start system can be disabled by altering battery voltage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a 2014 model. So not really that old. Been passing all the MOTs without any issues, though I realise things change easily.

Sep 4, 2019
Hi, I'm assuming it's a MK3 Leon? How old's the battery in it? I assume you don't have the usual things on like aircon, etc that disable the stop/start? Also... you may want to check the tyre pressures. Depending on the brand / type of tyre. If they are steel reinforced (runflats) they won't look any different deflated. I use this tyre guage and find it really accurate:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/RACE-RX0014-Tyre-Pressure-Gauge/dp/B000VZ8S26/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1PZCOWJJZDHSS&keywords=race+x+tyre+pressure+gauge&qid=1567622447&s=gateway&sprefix=race+x,aps,141&sr=8-4

I couldn't tell you what Mark it is!! It's a 2014 model if that helps. 1.4 petrol engine.
Yeah I didn't have anything running that would stop it working like the aircon, I don't normally use the start/stop, but I was just checking it due to the error messages and one came up for the start/stop.
I'm going to check the tyre pressures at work (can do it for free ) thanks for the advise

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members