Seat Leon TDI FR with K1 kit....

MisterMoleyMole

Apr 21, 2008
Hi all,

ive just got rid of my mk1 and am now looking at mk2s. One has come up at my local dealer with a k1 kit on it apparently.

Can these be bought as replica kits? I guess what i'm worried about is it being a non genuine kit that after a while of me having it will start to fall apart. Are there any tell tale signs that i should look out for when i go and see it?

Cheers
Gav

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
There have been replica kits but how close they are to genuine ones I dont know, but from what others have said the quality of replicas is not good because they are made of fibre glass.

MisterMoleyMole

Apr 21, 2008
Found out it was added when it was brand new by the dealer. Does anyone have a picture of an fr with k1 kit on it? if in red that would be even better. They say its got the 18inch wheels on it but i think the normal 18inch fr wheels?

I have 2 to choose from from two different dealers (red fr with k1 kit and 18ich wheels, and a silver fr standard but with 18inch wheels) both of which have not got them in but can get them in for me or are coming in soon.

I really like the silver frs but not sure about red one and especially not sure about one with a k1 kit on but not the proper k1 wheels.

MisterMoleyMole

Apr 21, 2008
Yup seen them they look nice. Really after finding out what a k1 would look like with the 18inch fr wheels on as i think the one i'm being offered will have this setup.

FR_Flavoured

Found out it was added when it was brand new by the dealer. Does anyone have a picture of an fr with k1 kit on it? if in red that would be even better. They say its got the 18inch wheels on it but i think the normal 18inch fr wheels?

I have 2 to choose from from two different dealers (red fr with k1 kit and 18ich wheels, and a silver fr standard but with 18inch wheels) both of which have not got them in but can get them in for me or are coming in soon.

I really like the silver frs but not sure about red one and especially not sure about one with a k1 kit on but not the proper k1 wheels.

Sounds like the 1st owner perhaps requested it (with the K1 kit fitted) with their order for the car!? Or maybe a Garage ordered it in that configuration as a showroom car.
Either way, it would be a factory fitted Kit and therefore genuine!

Look for pictures of any K1 - as it will look quite similar - or even a Reference Sport with K1 kit fitted (unique bumpers with the air vents / side skirts / rear spoiler). As you indicate, wheels might be different on other cars. 18" Alloys were an option on the FR.

Cosmetically - will come down to which look you prefer? :)

Infact alot of people who have an FR, like its unique styling just the way it is - more so than the K1 Kit!
Also - look at the complete package you might get with both cars / toys / mileage - price etc. Which gives you more? :)

Both colours would look good (Red or Silver) - Infact I only ever see FR's in BLACK !! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Daza

all new 2 me
Oct 12, 2010
n.ireland
my old FR

mynewleonFR007.jpg

mynewleonFR004.jpg

mynewleonFR009.jpg

OR SLAMMED

image001.jpg

nicklaus27

Sep 1, 2009
not red, but these will probs be the 18inch wheels you'll get if they're not the BTCC wheels that come with the BTCC kit that's on it...

LEON1-1.jpg

LEON3-1.jpg

MisterMoleyMole

Apr 21, 2008
Still looks good with the standard 18's and that red one does look nice even though red isnt my normal choice of car. It is a nice red!!

Both cars have no toys unfortunately. The red one with k1 kit has 4 thousand miles less but both are the same age.

Is it a big expensive job getting this media kit with bluetooth etc fitted? is it something you think the dealer may do for me if i ask them?

nicklaus27

Sep 1, 2009
You can always fit an aftermarket double din headunit with bluetooth and nav.

that's your better option.....i've got the bluetooth, and it is very good, but it's not cheap to fit from what i can gather, get an all in one HU as said and then you're laughing :thumbup:

FR_Flavoured

You can always fit an aftermarket double din headunit with bluetooth and nav.

With my FR I do have the Bluetooth built in plus iPod Port, but I still want to replace the factory stereo with a double din system, with built-in SatNav, plus would be nice to have it touch screen, so you can shuffle through your media collection / play music/video etc.....

But you are still looking at a good part of £1000 for a decent setup! :blink:

John007

Apr 17, 2005
Cambs
I put a JVC set up in mine with Ipod and Bluetooth, Cost about £600 for this little lot, instalation and steering wheel and facia adapters came to about £100.

This was a while back mind, have notived that you can buy an Alpine unit with all the above for about £500.

This will sound better than any factory option.

MisterMoleyMole

Apr 21, 2008
I put a JVC set up in mine with Ipod and Bluetooth, Cost about £600 for this little lot, instalation and steering wheel and facia adapters came to about £100.

This was a while back mind, have notived that you can buy an Alpine unit with all the above for about £500.

This will sound better than any factory option.

got any further info on this? what headunit is it?

MisterMoleyMole

Apr 21, 2008
Can anyone tell me , is it highly likely that an fr with the k1 kit on will have twin pipes instead of the one centre that was on the proper k1?

MisterMoleyMole

Apr 21, 2008
cheers ... didn't know if that was just something extra that had been done to the cars above as if its a k1 kit surely there is a cut out in the bumper for the exhaust in the centre, and then the frs only have one exhaust pipe on the side.... so you can see my thinking.

nicklaus27

Sep 1, 2009
cheers ... didn't know if that was just something extra that had been done to the cars above as if its a k1 kit surely there is a cut out in the bumper for the exhaust in the centre, and then the frs only have one exhaust pipe on the side.... so you can see my thinking.

yeh can understand your thinking pal.....Standard Fr's are a Left exit exhaust, FR's with the Aero/BTCC kit on are a Twin exit, and then the Cupra K1 is a Centre Exit......the bumpers are just cut/made to fit each exhaust system