Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Review courtesy of community member Jairm88

What is it?

Introducing the all-new Seat MO 125 E-Scooter – SEAT’s newest addition to the motoring world!

Verdict
I was very impressed by the SEAT MÓ. It exceeded my expectations, I was shocked at how much I enjoyed riding the MÓ on a daily basis and on the last day, I was actually gutted to be handing it back.

Our rating

3 stars out of 5

What we liked

Great balance making it simple to ride
Fast and easy to charge
Decent amount of under seat storage
Higher top speed than claimed

What we didn’t like...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
I think the RRP in the spec sheet is out of date. It may still be using the old (higher) government grant amount. This changed in December and is maximum £500 for electric mopeds and motorcycles now, was up to £1500 previously.

Current OTR price stated on Seat's website is £5,800

Reactions: Syphon

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
I think the RRP in the spec sheet is out of date. It may still be using the old (higher) government grant amount. This changed in December and is maximum £500 for electric mopeds and motorcycles now, was up to £1500 previously.

Current OTR price stated on Seat's website is £5,800
Cheers, that was the spec SEAT gave us a month or so ago. Will remove it from the review.

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Had a test ride of the Mó thanks the SEAT Letchworth. As the reviewer said, the grunt this thing has got was impressive! I mean it wasn't going to be a match for my usual bike (Kawasaki Z900) but I didn't feel it was lacking.

As it was my first time ever on a scooter I wasn't sure what to expect but I can see why they're popular in cities, changing direction so easily and pretty stable.

One test I did was to tackle a steep(ish) incline as on my commute there's 6 (3 each direction) and 5 of them are 60mph. Many times I've seen a scooter with an artic right behind it as it comes of the crest of the hill. The Mó dropped from about 60 to 54, which wasn't terrible but very quickly got itself back up to 60 when on flatter ground.

Rear brake is shockingly strong! Thought I'd yanked the front on by mistake.

I kept it in Sport mode and managed to drain 20% in about 6-7 miles which gives you an idea of real range when wound open.

As mentioned in the review, the suspension is the big problem with the Mó. It's woefully underdamped on the front, not a problem at low speed but when you get up past 40 it's unpleasant. I was doing 60 and it felt like riding a high speed pogo stick. As such I had no desire to tip it into a corner at that speed in the dry conditions I had let alone wet/cold.

If the suspension were sorted out (oil change in the front forks maybe?) then serious financial discussions would be under way.

Reactions: Jairm88 and Syphon

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Had a test ride of the Mó thanks the SEAT Letchworth. As the reviewer said, the grunt this thing has got was impressive! I mean it wasn't going to be a match for my usual bike (Kawasaki Z900) but I didn't feel it was lacking.

As it was my first time ever on a scooter I wasn't sure what to expect but I can see why they're popular in cities, changing direction so easily and pretty stable.

One test I did was to tackle a steep(ish) incline as on my commute there's 6 (3 each direction) and 5 of them are 60mph. Many times I've seen a scooter with an artic right behind it as it comes of the crest of the hill. The Mó dropped from about 60 to 54, which wasn't terrible but very quickly got itself back up to 60 when on flatter ground.

Rear brake is shockingly strong! Thought I'd yanked the front on by mistake.

I kept it in Sport mode and managed to drain 20% in about 6-7 miles which gives you an idea of real range when wound open.

As mentioned in the review, the suspension is the big problem with the Mó. It's woefully underdamped on the front, not a problem at low speed but when you get up past 40 it's unpleasant. I was doing 60 and it felt like riding a high speed pogo stick. As such I had no desire to tip it into a corner at that speed in the dry conditions I had let alone wet/cold.

If the suspension were sorted out (oil change in the front forks maybe?) then serious financial discussions would be under way.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! @Jairm88 for info.

Cheers,

Scott

Reactions: Jairm88