Seat media unit

Mar 7, 2021
Hello, I’ve just bought a second hand seat Leon 2015 tdi with the tech pac. The touch screen isn’t working on one side so it’s double on the other side I can still use it but obviously it looks stupid. I’ve been getting mixed answers on what I need to buy, is it the media outlet under the glovebox? Or a new radio?

Attachments

• 67C06E79-9918-443E-B908-B393E26A6D7A.jpeg
    67C06E79-9918-443E-B908-B393E26A6D7A.jpeg
    426.3 KB · Views: 124

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
Is the green hidden menu enabled? Could be a setting in there

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Mar 7, 2021
No it’s not enabled there seems to be a line going through the main screen but the left hand side is fine. Been told to replace the media under the glovebox but I would of thought replacing the screen would solve it

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Normally this happens when the wrong screen is paired with the MIB unit in the glovebox. Example, 6.5/8 inch screen fitted to a MIB1 unit

Check your system information for device number

Mar 7, 2021
Device part number is - 5F0035858A strange because I’ve had this car before and the screen was the same size on the larger side as I know some are smaller. I don’t know if it’s the media unit under the glovebox that needs replaced or the screen?
Normally this happens when the wrong screen is paired with the MIB unit in the glovebox. Example, 6.5/8 inch screen fitted to a MIB1 unit

Check your system information for device number

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Device part number is - 5F0035858A strange because I’ve had this car before and the screen was the same size on the larger side as I know some are smaller. I don’t know if it’s the media unit under the glovebox that needs replaced or the screen?
That's the number for the MIB1 unit, for it to work you'll either need a 5.8" screen with CP removed, or a MIB2 unit for the glove box, however this will need CP removing and then coding to your vehicle.

Maybe speak to Eastyorkshireretrofits about this as it's very much their speciality.

Mar 7, 2021
That's the number for the MIB1 unit, for it to work you'll either need a 5.8" screen with CP removed, or a MIB2 unit for the glove box, however this will need CP removing and then coding to your vehicle.

Maybe speak to Eastyorkshireretrofits about this as it's very much their speciality.

What device number should the new screen have? Seems easier to just get a new screen then upgrade to the MIB2. I’ve gave that page a message aswell thanks 👍🏼

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members