SEAT offered to buy car off me.

Fishimus

Hi guys, I'm new to this, but recently I was sent a letter to get in contact with SEAT for some form of deal. Upon contacting them they basically said they are short of SEAT approved cars and going through their system my name cropped up and they'd like to make an offer on the car (still under finance from SEAT). I was wondering if SEAT has tried to contact any body else?

Thanks F.

(My car is the 1.4 PR TDI EcoMotive on a 10 plate)

Fishimus

I thought the same thing, the sales person I spoke to said that the car would have to be taken down to the dealership to be appraised, I questioned him about any hidden catches, such as having to walk away with a new car, his reply was "as long as what we offer you is enough to cover the remaining finance you can walk away without even looking at another car"

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
I've heard of this sort of thing happening before, there isn't really a catch to it but nor is it a particularly special offer. They'll make an offer which may or may not be better than what you'd get selling elsewhere. You are under no obligation to purchase a new car from them should you choose to accept the offer.

Fishimus

I hadn't which is why I posted this thread questioning whether anyone else had been contacted by SEAT. I checked online to try and confirm the story of them being short of SEAT approved used cars and on the site nationwide they had 5 of the 1.4 TDI EcoMotives for sale, but then again just because that's what their advertising doesn't mean they haven't got stock that's not being advertised.

I am slightly tempted by the offer, I do want to change to an FR or Cupra. But I had it planned so that when the finance was up of my current car I'd have the NCD to cover the insurance.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
If you want another SEAT, go there with a view to beat them up on price to change then...

Don't go there to 'settle' the finance & then buy another car

Fishimus

Blagging a good trade in price and a little money off would be relatively easy compared to trying to getting insurance on a 1.4 TSI

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Blagging a good trade in price and a little money off would be relatively easy compared to trying to getting insurance on a 1.4 TSI

A lot of people think that but insurance on the 1.4 TSi Cupra (not the FR and Boc) is surpsingly cheap particularly from the Admiral group. Worth getting a quote :)

J_FR

Heard the same thing from a friend of a friend last week.

Got a call from Seat same as Fishimus, with an offer for his 1.4na 10 plate Ibiza. Basically he ended up walking away with a new Leon instead! Don't know the details but pretty sure the stealers came out better off...!

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
I was offered a great deal when I had my A3 Tdi DSG. They were short of DSG approved used cars and I sold my car to them after having it from new for just 7 months and lost just £900 from the price I bought it for. There are some good deals every now and then. It is just dropping right for them[B)]

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
I was offered a great deal when I had my A3 Tdi DSG. They were short of DSG approved used cars and I sold my car to them after having it from new for just 7 months and lost just £900 from the price I bought it for. There are some good deals every now and then. It is just dropping right for them[B)]

What made it a good deal if you lost £900? :rolleyes:

andycupra

status subject to change
forget the 'we dont have enough used cars'

read it as:

we are not selling enough new cars, and so we are approaching people we know can get credit and have a sizeable deposit or equity to flog new cars too...
Hello mr fishimus..

unless they pay you silly over the odds and offer a new car at a silly discount why wouild you?
you would end up owing even more, with a large difference between what you owe and what the car is worth, with a newer car thats depreciating more than the one you got rid of, - find htey are selling the old car for alot more than they paid you..

Just cause you can doesnt mean you should.
There is a generation of people that think i want it ill get it.. and wonder where it went wrong.
Money burning a hole in your pockets?
well this would be money you dont even have burning a hole in your pocket.

do you really need a new car?

No of course you dont.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members