SEAT quality goes from strength to strength

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
I have a recent (from sunday) article from the mirror claiming that the seat ibiza is the least reliable vehicle on british roads! This is with 43% of them breaking down per year and costing an average repair bill of £204!

Surely thats not correct, it was carried out by warrenties direct -the rhyme was not intended.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Surveys are only as good as the people that make them :D

They might pick a 100 people out of the 1000's of SEAT owners and 40 of them might of had a crap experience. But it doesn't mean that 40% of the 1000's of owners out there all have crap experiences.

The dealer networks certainly don't help, and finding the pearls is increasingly difficult.

But the cars are certainly going up in quality, they may not be getting the best pre-delivery inspections and the aftercare service and warranty work may not be applied as well as it could be. But overall the build quality is improving.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
I totally agree mate, when i see them on the tv i always wonder how womens cosmetic product tests are conducted and how they can claim that testing 83 or 122 out of the tens of thousands of the women that use them can warrent fair and justified results. :confused:

duffman502

Surely it must be a load of rubbish if Seats are so unreliable then so should all the vag cars there built to the same standard's pretty much. The only real difference is things like interiors and bigger engine's

bobak

Opinionated non-mechanic
May 15, 2008
Well to be fair I think the whole thing about "VW/Audi/SEAT - German" being reliable is a myth. I owned a golf... worst car I ever had - broke down every 5 mins, rotted to pieces and was glad to get rid of it. Looking over these forums, there's plenty of "common issues" with all of these cars.

To be fair though - I bet most manufacturers have problems.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Surely it must be a load of rubbish if Seats are so unreliable then so should all the vag cars there built to the same standard's pretty much. The only real difference is things like interiors and bigger engine's

Second on the list was the fabia, so it seems seat are not alone :(

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester

Not really mate - they 'aint all made in the same factory by the same people are they?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net

JB!

Toight loike a Toiger
best way to some up SEAT build quality:-

"The finest german parts, nailed together by the doziest spanish workforce..."

my dads skoda fabia feels 10x better built, yet is still vag family?

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
best way to some up SEAT build quality:-

"The finest german parts, nailed together by the doziest spanish workforce..."

my dads skoda fabia feels 10x better built, yet is still vag family?

Very well put, i spoke to a friend of mine recently, he visited the Barcalona plant in the mid 90's where he said "every day i was at the factory i heard a buzzer ring every couple of hours, i never asked what it was for as the question was soon answered when shortly after the buzzer sounded a golf cart with a trailer drove by, stopping at every build bay, its cargo - ham&cheese baguettes and bottles of San miguel for the staff!"

No wonder some parts are loose or not fitted correctly!

But in all seriousness i've you get a good seat (or skoda for that matter) it'll be bomb proof. My mums on her second new ibiza and i'm on my 3rd seat (it might be possesed by the automotive devil but i still enjoy it).

af1

Feb 17, 2008
I drive Skoda Octavia's (Cab Driver) and the mk2 ones are much better cars then the mk1! The mk2 feels very well made, its a bit plasticy inside and lets face it dog ugly but its not bad.. The mk1 however is terrible, the trim is all loose, the 90bhp engine just goes into limp mode constantly, the doors always slam and feel tinny, the steering wheel feels awful and the driving position in the cheap seats aint too pretty either... and this is an 05 reg car with about 120000 miles on it (nothing for a taxi) my mk1 leon (based on the same chassis) feels like 100x the car that the old skoda does!

tooly1

1.2 power !
Oct 17, 2009
Nottingham
in my opinion VAG cars are second in the reliabilty award to japenese cars like toyota and other like that but as with all cars there it going to be a common fault or hinderence and when they fix that they'll always be another but thats life biggest piece of advise i can say never buy a MG/Rover group car k16 are terrible as well as there v6 engine!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.