SEAT Toledo Concept Unveiled

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
I like the looks (apart from the wheels, but there are lots of wheels to be had). Full rear hatch like the Mk.1, but this will come with a weight penalty that the Mk.2 avoided. Ah well, it'll be a few years before they come down to my price levels.

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
I checked and the current leon is only 4.32m long, so about 7-8" shorter than the figure they quote. The figure they quote also makes it longer than the mk3 toledo. (4.46m)

Surely there will be a 2.0 TDI? I wouldn't mind one for a company car, it would suit my needs well, especially by returning to the hatchback style of the mk1.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Interesting comments on SCN, given that the Auto Express readership is more akin to general public than SCN members which will obviously be biased.

I think this comment sums it up nicely.
Seat now has one rebadged Audi (exeo), one rebadged VW (alhambra) and one rebadged skoda (this being the mission L which was clearly a skoda development given the crease lines and interior) oh and to top it off one shared VW/Seat/Skoda - the up/Mii/Citigo triplets leaving Seat with the aging Leon and Altea and Ibiza as the only cars in their product range fully designed by them. VW was once a master of platform and parts sharing, still managing to give each brand its own identity, but this is a joke. How is Seat supposed to have it's own identity.

It's a pity that just as SEAT starts to do really well certainly in the UK, VW start messing with the formula. Even more annoying is that they keep releasing amazing looking concepts.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
It is a Cordoba 'type' car - extended Ibiza platform (I was incorrect when I stated it'd be MQB)

This is good, because it'll be cheap
This is bad, because it's got the rear beam suspension