Seat v VW Sat Nav

Briant566

Oct 12, 2014
West Yorks England
H
Same as everybody else I got the free sat nav upgrade package And as people have said on the forum its a cheap and cheerful model

But if you looked at buying it as a one off it was £930 cost !!!! which is silly money.
just been to pick up neighbours new Golf which he specked Sat nav as extra £750 lay out looks the same but screen is a lot higher resolution plus map upgrade .

"5.8" colour touch-screen control system for navigation, CD and radio functions. Preloaded European navigation data, 2D/2,5D map view, three calculated routes (Fast, Short, Eco), dynamic navigation based on TMC , branded points of interest and Traffic Sign display. (Includes navigation software updates for a period of three years

so something wrong with the VAG pricing policy or Seat

Last edited:

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Have a search on here, already threads about the new Sat Nav appearing on Seat price lists / builder.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
I suppose the only comparison that really counts is the on the road price of the two cars with the same spec.
I suspect the Leon will be £3k less than an equivalent golf every time.

brentnall

Apr 29, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
I suppose the only comparison that really counts is the on the road price of the two cars with the same spec.

Exactly, they have to be saving on costs somewhere to be able to pass them on in the form of a lower overall price of the car. The Nav system appears to be one of the areas thats hit pretty noticeably. Gouging people for certain options/upgrades is possibly one of the other ones they use to offset the lower base price, although I have to say some options such as the Sound Pack are extremely good value.

Last edited:

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
overall, the Leon is better value for me.
Quality of the trim plastics might be lower, but what I got for my money was better value than the equivalent Golf.
Much better...:)

daniel575

Apr 2, 2014
overall, the Leon is better value for me.
Quality of the trim plastics might be lower, but what I got for my money was better value than the equivalent Golf.
Much better...:)

Agree. Besides, who cares for nav updates anyway? How much do most roads change? How often are new major roads built anyway? And for any that are, I'm probably aware of them. And you can always use your own intellect, your own pair of eyes, to look at the road signs and use common sense.

I won't be concerned about a lack of updates for several years at least. From what I can tell it was quite up to date when I bought it (it has some roads in it that were only built/opened in 2013), so I'm not too worried.