Seat warranty-End dates??

springer

May 30, 2010
My car is 3 years old today,to the date it was registered(12/8/11).
Booked it in for warranty yesterday for a couple of issues to be checked today,the receptionist said thats ok.
Get there today for them to tell me it ran out of warranty on the 10/8/14 and is not covered!

Surely it runs out on the 12/8/14 when the car is 3 year old to the date it was first registered?

springer

May 30, 2010
Another dealer told me it runs out on the 12/8/14 lol

Seat customer care didnt know!

springer

May 30, 2010
Took it higher to seat customer services and they have investigated it and the warranty indeed ran out on the 10/8/14.
So we all get 2 years 363 days warranty and not 3 year!!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
So did they honour the warranty claim?

So close to the date you'd hope so, especially if you have FSSH?

springer

May 30, 2010
So did they honour the warranty claim?

So close to the date you'd hope so, especially if you have FSSH?

No didnt honour it and are sending me it in writing basically saying it was out of warranty.
Car only has 21k and 3 stamps only one stamp from the garage i bought it off which isnt a dealer but used genuine parts.
It doesnt matter if the car is dealer serviced as long as it has genuine parts on.The issues are only small but thats not really the point.

Had Renault Sport cars before and Renault were brilliant,well known to cover things when the car has been out of warranty for a few month!!!

Last edited:

springer

May 30, 2010
According to Seat no.
The warranty expired sunday 10/8/14
I booked in on 11/8/14
Car is 3 years old 12/8/14

Had other makes in warranty and all run up until the car is 3 years old to the day it was registered

springer

May 30, 2010

From the service/maintenance booklet,so i was right all along and Seat customer services have no idea what they are talking about!
They have investigated this as well.
You cant write it!!!!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
What was the warranty work required?

They'd have good-willed it I'm sure had it had main dealer SH (dates not-withstanding!)

springer

May 30, 2010
Knock on osf(prob top mount)
Tbh id rather not take it now,ive worked in garages for 16 year and looking at the chimps that worked there prob not a good idea.

Seat dealer servicing means nothing,they dont service the brakes etc.Anyone can change air filter,oil filter etc and they havnt asked about service history(which it has full history anyway).

springer

May 30, 2010
Seat have done more investigations to whats printed in the Seat owners hand book.(see above).
Turns out i loose out because its been a leap year so loose 2 days(hence ran out on 10th not 12th) lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.