Section to post ebay links

Status
Not open for further replies.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
I've been a member just as long as you have and its simple, if your sick of reading certain posts don't click on them.

All we're trying to do is maybe help in someway. Mork has said his desire has dropped due to the abuse he's been getting from users about loosing the section and all we're trying to do is give him some kind of pick me up.

The ones that have been scammed in the past just havn't taken enough steps to make sure it didnt happen. even the ones that did well its a chance you take on every sale on the internet.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Threads like this always make me less inclined to do anything.

It's like when you get nagged. Well, it's not "like" it's actually being nagged.

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Well then you should know better

And I would say instead of helping mork out, your pissing him off more about the situation because you must have seen all the same ideas 100 times already.

And this sites admin, doesn't want people to take the chance with Internet sales, in case it comes back on them. It's pure common sense. I can't understand why anyone can't see it.

The site allows sales, someone gets scammed, the site 'could' be held liable.

That's it in very simple terms. It makes sense to me that the people running the site don't want (and most likely can't afford) to end up in court because someone hasn't used their own brainpower to avoid being scammed

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Lol well I will apologise if thats how I come across but that isn't my intentions. I know a while back there were a few scammers doing the rounds on alot of car sites and it put a massive damper on all the site owners.

Unfortunatley these scum will always try and do this no matter what kind of measures are in place. At the end of the day it's down soley to the persons buying/selling.

Its just very frustrating when honest people like myself and a lot of others on here have money to spend and looking on the likes of ebay etc just isn't really up to the job.

Anyways, this is the last I will comment on the matter. You have a very good idea of what to do and how to do it. I really hope you get the up beat feeling back and implement it all back onto the site and make it what it once was.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Well then you should know better

And I would say instead of helping mork out, your pissing him off more about the situation because you must have seen all the same ideas 100 times already.

And this sites admin, doesn't want people to take the chance with Internet sales, in case it comes back on them. It's pure common sense. I can't understand why anyone can't see it.

The site allows sales, someone gets scammed, the site 'could' be held liable.

That's it in very simple terms. It makes sense to me that the people running the site don't want (and most likely can't afford) to end up in court because someone hasn't used their own brainpower to avoid being scammed

Jesus man, will you just let Mork answer for himself lol.

I'm having a very good conversation with the guy.

oldskool

without members , this site is nothing. My meaning is that everyone who contributes to the forum in any way deserves the same recognition whether they have been here a month or 6 years. I havent been on here long , however I do try to contribute and help out where I can, be it with advice or helping put someone in touch with another who could help. We will just have to wait and see what happens I suppose as its out of our hands.

Pyro

just to add my 2 pence worth

yes a for sale section would be great, but you can just join another forum for that or as said just type www.ebay into the web bar it's not hard.

the links idea is stupid just use ebay it's self

as for vroomtshh being up mark's ass :wtf: he has an opinion and is sharing it just as you are

im not ass licking ass you put it but i agree with mark he has said he knows the solution and when he gets the time and motivation he will put it in place but not until then so leave it!

mark has a job, a family and a life, he runs SCN in his spare time (HIS TIME) without getting paid for the work he puts in just as DPJ, Brummy and the big Z do they all do it in there spare time

Do you want to spend your spare time sorting through emails from fuking idiots who cant think for them selfs?
Do you want to spend your spare time reply to thread after thread about there being no forsale section and how this is a good idea and so's this

i know i dont and i would do as vroomtshh said and just delete the thread and give the member a warning and if they persist then bye bye, at least mark has the decadency to reply to you all again in his spare time

so to conclude:

SEATCUPRA.NET DO NOT WANT TO HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY THING SOLD ON THIS FORUM AND BY ADVERTISING (IN ANY FORM) ITEMS FORSALE LIABILITY CAN COME BACK ON THEM! IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE REASONS WHY THE FORSALE SECTION IS CLOASED THEN YOUR TO STUBID TO BUY THINGS ANYWAY

CJS-90

20vT Powahhhh
Sep 30, 2010
Clitheroe
Why do so many people in this thread have the inability to use the correct variations of your, you're, there and their?!

Spelling police.

Anyway, it appears to me a for sale section may become present in the future. Until then, stop trying to suggest that it re-appears. There's obviously a legitimate reason that it's disappeared. I love for sale sections as next as the next man as it makes life easier trying to find parts for your car - but chirping up about it isn't the way to solve the problem. The solution has been found, now just be patient and wait for it to be implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.