Service Costs - another additional cost

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
My friend took her Golf to a local VW dealership for a service, and was charged £5 to sanitise the car before they'd work on it, and another £5 to do it again when they handed it back.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
One thing about an extra charge, if it is needed and every dealership applied it, ie sanctioned by Gov UK, is that if things every settle back down, it would be removed by again Gov UK decree - if it was rolled into the service price and that jacked up, it would stay for ever.
My older daughter got her Cupra serviced by AC in Edinburgh, originally all good "only collect and drop off and no wash and vac" when checking up as the booked time got closer, "only drop off - hire car might be available" - so she ended up booking a hire car, the very small one, no "wash and vac" which was understandable and the option she preferred, and no extra charging - that service was a pre-paid SEAT or AC service plan activity.

Edit:- also, I handed my wife's 2015 Polo into ATS for a cheapie AC recharge (it needed it) and they clearly laid down the ground rules as regards how they expected the car to be presented to them prior to them working on it, AC controls switched OFF, all windows opened before leaving the car, and I think clearly described, at the branch what they would be doing to minimise risk to us on its return - again no extra charge.

Eskilation

Dec 3, 2017
Bucks
Right Fife it is then wonder if they collect and return from Oxford :) funny as it was registered at Seat - Kilmarnock so its going back home...

Seems most of you are all north of the border am I missing something :)

Reactions: Peller

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
SEAT and Skoda seem to only retail in certain areas, a bit like Esso fuel, any time I've been down in rural Yorkshire I've had to make do with "funny" fuels, which is the same well up North West Scotland.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Right Fife it is then wonder if they collect and return from Oxford :) funny as it was registered at Seat - Kilmarnock so its going back home...

Seems most of you are all north of the border am I missing something :)
Maybe they know we like to hold on to our cash and would face trouble if they asked for more money, try Yorkshire, they’re said to be canny when spending too!

Reactions: Eskilation

Eskilation

Dec 3, 2017
Bucks
ok credit where credit is due, Service done on the Ibiza at said garage and charged for service and mot, as per the booking (Seat website) normal price and got £10 off the MOT, no additional charges so not sure what all the fuss about only thing they didn't do was clean it but I prefer them not to anyway.

Also they seem to have switched to Shell Helix too so will be taking Leon there shortly all being well as no complaints after al the discussions before

Reactions: SteveW and Tell

briancbb

Sep 4, 2015
Kirkcaldy
Well pleased with Fife Seat, just completed my service and mot on 64 plate. No extra charges, even delayed the cambelt an d water pump change to next service due to low mileage. Also reduced price mot.

Reactions: Eskilation
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.