Service intervals.. Again

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
So my Cupra is on fixed term servicing and should be due in June. The first service was on 17th Jun last year. Its now already saying the inspection service is due in 25 days and an oil service is due in 86 days.

Whats going on with these timings? Its not getting the service unil 21st Jun because its already booked. If the warning gets annoying can I just reset it with Carista? I assume the dealer wont really care. Ive already paid for the 2 year plan.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
If it’s on fixed (time and distance) servicing, then IMO the inspection and oil service should be due at the same time. The fact that the car is indicating different dates suggests the service regime was originally set to flexible / long life servicing. Four of the five VW’s I’ve owned have been on fixed (time and distance) servicing, and they only got one visit per year to the dealership for the service, whether it was a minor (oil change) service or a major (oil and inspection) service.

I’d ask the dealer to set the service regime to time and distance servicing when you take it in for its service on 21st June so in future the car will (or should) flag up the oil change and inspection are due at the same time.

Last edited:

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Ignore whatever some sh#t computer tells you, just as I do. My Golf R gets serviced every 12 months or 10,000 miles whichever comes first. I’m not convinced by long life servicing, especially with a performance car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
The issue here is that its only 10 months since the last service. Ive confirmed the car is on fix term servicing and it was reset last year, so why is it asking now?

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
The issue here is that its only 10 months since the last service. Ive confirmed the car is on fix term servicing and it was reset last year, so why is it asking now?

Is that what they’ve told you or what you’ve seen?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
It is on fixed term. It counted down perfectly last year and was reset last year. I checked when I got the car back. Even In December the countdown was right.

Reactions: xyz

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
How many miles have you covered in the last 10 months? I seem to remember the mileage counter that triggers the ‘service due’ warning might start to display the service message once you’ve covered around 9k miles since the last service.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.