Service intervals and late services

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
So, a question that I'm sure I've seen answered before but for the life of me I can't find the answer again.

Over the weekend my lease has come up with oil service due in 25 days or close to. Does this absolutely have to be done in the 25 days or is there an allowance to be a bit late without any issues down the line? Fairly sure I've read before that up to 30 days after the requested date is fine?

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Assuming Seat are the same as VW, I think VW do allow the sooner of 1,000 miles or 1 month beyond the service deadline. That’s for cars on time and distance servicing. I don’t know if the same applies to cars on long life / flexible servicing.

I know that everyone’s personal circumstances are different and it might not be possible to get the car serviced within the next 25 days, or your dealer may not have any slots available in their workshop, but I’ve never had an issue with my dealer getting my car booked in for servicing when I‘ve contacted them 3-4 weeks before the service due date, so worth giving them a call.

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Probably no issue getting it in, there's a garage round the corner from work who do services to manufacturer specs (confirmed fine with my lease co), I just don't want to end up having to do the second service too, basically. It'll be handed back in March next year most likely unless a mega extension offer is given, which is unlikely I expect.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.