Service Intervals

TheJudge09

For all you long term owners, what service intervals are you working to for your 184 FR diesels?

I was told by the dealer it was 10k, yet the in car status has it due in about 12k, but with having 3k on the clock, that would make it 15k service intervals.

I'm all for getting it done when due but not for putting extra money in the dealers pocket if it's not needed, especially averaging c20k miles a year!!!

daniel575

Apr 2, 2014
I have a SE, but it works like this:

You have regular (fixed) service cars (which mine was) and long-life versions.
Regular = small service ("oil change service" - which is actually much more than just that) after 9,000 miles / 15,000 km, major service after 18,000 miles / 30,000 km.
Long-life = only after 30,000 km unless car detects some issue that needs attention before that.

I thought there was a difference in hardware but when I moved to the Netherlands and enquired about servicing, the Dutch dealer gave me a price lost which only mentioned the major service for the Mk3. Turns out in the Netherlands they only ever sold the long-life version.

Luckily the dealer also knew that the long-life version is actually exactly the same. All that was needed to convert mine into a 'long-life' was to change the oil and change the software. Had that done at the same time I replaced my lights there - the whole thing altogether cost 2650 euros.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
can either used the fixed scheme which is every 10k or the variable or long life were its upto 20k between services

roger7248

Sep 28, 2013
Bicester, Oxon
can either used the fixed scheme which is every 10k or the variable or long life were its upto 20k between services

The fixed scheme also adds 12months to the 10K. Mine was set to variable, but because I bought a maintenance deal, they changed the software to fixed. I'm wondering if I made the right choice, especially since mileage is reducing following my change of the other car.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.