Shall i Modify MK3 1.4 or Save for MK3 Cupra

kriscolo

Jul 13, 2012
Guisborough
I am caught in to minds all the time about either modifying my mk3 ibiza 1.4l or saving up for a mk3 cupra what does everyone think

things to take into account

- I Am 19 nearly got 2 years no claims by the time i can afford a cupra i hopefully will have 2 years no claims , does any one know an estimate of insurance for a 19 year old with 2 years no claims on a cupra

- cheaper running costs on my 1.4 ( insurance ,tax fuel)

- my 1.4l has 116k on clock full service history thow

let me know what everyone thinks please thanks kris

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
True, but the chassis is 20yrs old this year, and majority of the design is over thirty. Even the 'newest' car will be over a decade old with the issues that cars of that age have sadly

I love the Mk3 Cupra dearly, don't get me wrong, but they're turning into money pits at age

Aug 12, 2012
aylesbury
Yea they are but there Jap will last forever I have a matr with one it's 240 bhp and weighs 650kgs and iv never seen anything keep up with it stupidly quick ands it's only a 1.3 turbo lol

Glanzas are more on insurance tho. I look at about 6 before buying my 1st ibiza. Awesome little cars

Dont think your ever get the answer you want with this kind of thread. Everyone has a different opinion

But mine is buy a cupra.....

But you can always mod your ibiza abit whilst saving for a cupra to keep your interest in the mk3s and not look at other cars lol

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
Just buy a good one simples. Im on my 3rd and non of them have caused me any major issues. Infact the only thing to go wrong so far are coilpacks and spark plugs all cheap enough to fix. Most parts are cheap mods are everywhere so buy a cupra ;)

The glanza is a cool car but also has its problems like any car you buy. Even new ones can fail on you.

Aug 12, 2012
aylesbury
Same as above my mate's just managed to destroy his fly wheel in his brand new Toyota gt86 things only done 3500 miles from new lol but yea if I was you I'd buy a cupra there loads of fun

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.