Shipping

Nov 30, 2022
Lincoln uk
Hi there I'm new to this group.
CN anyone tell me what ships deliver seat aronas to grimsby uk. I been told it been on transit for ages. Thabks

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Maybe ask your dealer, they should be able to drag out their printed out "orders" listing and it will have that info on it - I know this because I spent too much time searching for possible car carriers when my wife's 2015 VW Polo was in transit from South Africa - I got the route of that journey completely wrong, I assumed that it would have turned right after leaving its collection port, but it turned left and headed up into the Suez canal, by the time I asked the dealer, it was docked at Holland!

So, do this quickly or you will find that it has landed and has been ignored in a compound! (I found it "part of the game" tracking its movement from the collection point, sadly I failed!

Nov 30, 2022
Lincoln uk
Definately seems that way. When I rang they I asked where in transit the car was. I said is it Spain still. They said no. It be on a bout. But there no boat due into grimsby from barcelona. So I don't know

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
The dealer principle and/or the senior sales manager could easily find that out for you, as long as they know how to do their job. That was the very reason that, when it was possible to do so, I ordered 2 factory build cars from mainland Europe dealerships, both VW Group organisations based in Holland, ie you get treated as a customer, pay a lot less for factory fitted options, and generally enjoy the complete experience seeing as at that time "you" saved quite a bit on the price, easily double what the travelling cost were, but that possible only suited people that are willing to sell on their existing cars.

Tell

Staff member
I got all the info from Seat customer services UK at the time. You need your special Seat ID for your order that only your dealer can give you. Once you have that central Seat ID of the order they can look it up and tell you it's status. Dealers can get lazy / not trained in the order system. Basically they take it off the dealers order system and re-enter it on the actual Seat system. It's that re-entery where stuff can get left off.

In the past some Seat customers are like train spotters and know which ships Seat uses. Customer services sometimes plays this game with the customer so you all have fun.

Tell

Staff member
Either not got updated or held up. The interesting one is when they arrive in the UK, are checked over and passed for onward passage. It's then up to the dealer to arrange the transporter to get it to the dealership. If they are tight on space they may leave it. Judging by my dealer they aren't tight on space these days with the shortage of new cars, so that might not be true.

Where I phoned mine up and said it's ready for collection having been told by Seat Customer Services that was the case. I was abroad and wanted to pickup linked to all the other tasks I'd got to do.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.