Short number plate front mount

Apr 23, 2021
Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone has found a short front number plate mount for the Cupra Formentor?
I have a 5 digit number plate and have a legal short version plate, it looks fine on my current Ateca as the grille/ plate surround is gloss and patterned to match the grille opening.. Any information would be great, Cheers, Max

Reactions: scottydog76

Nige Mx

Oct 3, 2021
Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone has found a short front number plate mount for the Cupra Formentor?
I have a 5 digit number plate and have a legal short version plate, it looks fine on my current Ateca as the grille/ plate surround is gloss and patterned to match the grille opening.. Any information would be great, Cheers, Max
Hi, I've just joined the forum and wondered whether you had a response to this question, have you found a supplier?

CupraLiam

Feb 19, 2012
Nr Leicester, East midlands
I was looking at this today, the European ones have a different playe holder on the front. I put my private reg on mine the other week and the front plate holder is held on with like plastic legs, which look like they fit through the bumper so if you were to remove it would leave two holes in the bumper.
But look at the pic from a guy I follow on insta, their plates are smaller than ours.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211011-203557_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20211011-203557_Instagram.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 306

Nige Mx

Oct 3, 2021
Thanks for this but that European plate is very small and would be illegal in UK. Yes I’ve investigated the fixings and understand what you are describing. I think I’ll stick with standard size! Your help is appreciated thanks 👍

frmntr

Aug 2, 2023
Old thread, but you can peel off the large part of the front plate holder leaving a minified version firmly attached to the car. See pics of the outer after it has been peeled off. Just remove the 4 plugs by pushing a phillips head screwdriver through the middle before pulling the plug. Then grab the outer edge, and pull it away / forward from the front bumper. It will peel away leaving the middle on the car. At some point you might want a grommet for the holes, but I havent bothered yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 3.52.18 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 3.52.18 pm.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 3.52.08 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 3.52.08 pm.png
    2 MB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 3.51.59 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 3.51.59 pm.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 80

VZN

Jun 6, 2023
Old thread, but you can peel off the large part of the front plate holder leaving a minified version firmly attached to the car. See pics of the outer after it has been peeled off. Just remove the 4 plugs by pushing a phillips head screwdriver through the middle before pulling the plug. Then grab the outer edge, and pull it away / forward from the front bumper. It will peel away leaving the middle on the car. At some point you might want a grommet for the holes, but I havent bothered yet.
Hi, do you have any pictures of your car with this front plinth removed? I'm looking to do something similar.

frmntr

Aug 2, 2023
It’s not removing it. It’s effectively reducing the perimeter so that it’s hidden behind the number plate.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.