Should I have a pump in the boot?

markirel

faster on 2-wheels
Apr 7, 2006
Midlands
Don't know if I am going mad but I seem to remember that my altea had a bottle of gunk in the boot and a small electric pump for temporary puncture repairs.

Long story but had the rear of my car repaired in December and am suspicious that the pump went missing when it was at the repair centre (Vauxhall dealership). :censored:

Before I go in to complain (though I doubt it'll do me any good being 5-months on now) can anyone confirm my understanding/memory that there is supposed to be a pump there.

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
If You do not have a spare wheel fitted as an option then there should be an electric compressor and the tin of Gunk! Start complaining.
Paul

jerseyaltea

Yes as standard comes a compressor and a bottle of 'gunk'. A space saver or full sized wheel are options. Friend of mind had the same problem with their BMW Mini went in for body repair and the compressor disappeared. You can buy a compressor for less than £15, but it make not be as good as the standard one.

ALTEA DUDE

2.0 TDi Sport
Sep 14, 2005
Yeah, you should have a blue pump with Audi, VW, SEAT and Skoda logos on it. Have used various types of these pumps in the past and the one that comes with the car is actually pretty good. Worth trying to get it back.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise