Side Blades for Cupra R ST - Part number anyone ?

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Hi everyone,

My Cupra R ST has had a fight with an axle stand and lost, and as such I need a new side blade (drivers side).

Does anyone know the part number ?

I have found side blade part number 5F0071685 GRU but i assume this doesn't come with the Carbon insert that mine has ?

Are the Carbon Inserts detachable and reusable ? Or do i need to find and buy that aswell ?

I think the Carbon Fibre insert part number is 5F0071685A btw, but hope I don't need to buy it !!!!!

Can anyone shed any light ?
I assume the guru @Damo H will have some knowledge on this like always :)

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Haha. yeah the carbon bits are a sperate bit, that's not to say it can be removed easily. I suspect it will need the old blade removed and detaching and clips from the other side. All depends on if its glued on. But there is hope as a lot of the Seat accessory (And R) parts are just double sided sticky tape and clips.

The hardest bit for me will be replacing the blade as I believe is generally just glued on. Again a decent body shop maybe able to get it off without the need to respray the whole sill.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Cheers for the reply.
Confirmed what I thought.

I’ve made contact with a body shop who will do the respray of the blade & repair work, hope they can remove the Carbon bit without breaking it and re use.
Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Note to self… never do work under your car after a 15hr night shift

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.