Side skirts

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Where is the cheapest place to get OEM side skirts? I've got a dent in a sill. It's not very noticeable, it's underneath, but fitting skirts might be cheaper than getting it fixed!.

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Unsure.
Last time I looked they're all pushing £400 for OEM ones now.
Plus another £250 painting.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
For an A3 sportback genuine ones set me back £310
Painting £200
Bonding adhesive £20

so probs £500 ballpark for skirts, the leon will be similar setup / cost

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
My side skirts arrived yesterday from doctors garage, early as well.

My Leon is Alor Blue and the shade is spot on. I wont get chance to fit for a couple of weeks but when i get them on ill post a pic or 2 for anyone thinking about these.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
My side skirts arrived yesterday from doctors garage, early as well.

My Leon is Alor Blue and the shade is spot on. I wont get chance to fit for a couple of weeks but when i get them on ill post a pic or 2 for anyone thinking about these.
Hi mate. What was the whole experience with Doctors Garage like? Were the skirts good quality and a good paint finish? How long did they take to arrive? I'm about to order a rear spoiler from them and wanted to see what others had experienced with them.

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
Hi mate. What was the whole experience with Doctors Garage like? Were the skirts good quality and a good paint finish? How long did they take to arrive? I'm about to order a rear spoiler from them and wanted to see what others had experienced with them.
Mine was terrible.

The skirts arrived damaged one skirt cracked all the way through with paint flaking off everywhere. Seller accepted they were damaged from the photos i provided.

Opened a case with Aliexpress and they gave me 2 options

Return for full refund. Expensive at £38 signed for. Needed signed for proof they had got them.

Or a partial refund of 33USD for the damaged skirt. Now considering the damaged skirt was half the price of the full shipment you would expect an offer of half the full original cost. Doctors Garage wanted to only give me the price i paid for them to paint one skirt as compensation despite there was structural damage not just paint.

I asked Doctors Garage to send me a full replacement skirt painted and i would cover the cost of shipping. He refused this option and reverted back to the 33USD unless i had a mate that would order a set of skirts from him and he would send a replacement with them. I dont have a mate with a Leon let alone a mate with a Leon that wants skirts.

What really rattled me is i had not accepted any resolution for the problem from Ali Express or Doctors Garage and out of the blue i received a 33usd refund and my dispute was closed. I was on the verge of sending them back but they took that option from me.

So i took the skirt to a local body shop and they said with the ABS plastic been very thin they could not weld it and the only option would be to fibre glass it around the back but that would take out the flexibility of the skirt and it may then not mould to the car correctly. If i went with that option the repair plus paint would cost £70 + vat.

So im out of pocket and no skirts nice one Ali Express and Doctors Garage. I'll chase with Paypal.

Now on to your questions.

Skirts were very flimsy and thin ive had my hands on original skirts and not even close. However they may be fine on the car.

Colour match was good paint was dull and not particularly glossy but according to my body shop who looked at the skirts the top coat was of poor quality and the skirts had not been prepped with plastic adhesion promoter.

Id certainly not use Doctor Garage or Ali Express for my personal stand point.

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
That's really bad.

They were great with me, really good with their communication and the skirts are painted very well and have as much gloss etc as the car. The paint match isn't 100% perfect but dynamic grey is a bitch to match off a colour code (I've had three different touch up paints made and they're all different). It's certainly good enough.

There were hardly any dust nibs or anything and they came really well packaged.

Reactions: Compo1

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
That's really bad.

They were great with me, really good with their communication and the skirts are painted very well and have as much gloss etc as the car. The paint match isn't 100% perfect but dynamic grey is a bitch to match off a colour code (I've had three different touch up paints made and they're all different). It's certainly good enough.

There were hardly any dust nibs or anything and they came really well packaged.
Yeah communication was great to the point something went wrong me opening the box. At this point Ali Express and Doctors Garage went into damage limitation mode.

The box they arrived in didn't look crushed or damaged by the way so i can not put the skirt damage in the hands of the delivery company in all fairness i believe they were shipped damaged.

And another thing that kind of says it all im blocked from giving Doctors Garage a review on Ali Express its no longer available to me. looks like they protoect their sellers and not the buyers to me.

Last edited:

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Thanks @Compo1 for your reply. Your experience has really made me think whether just to wait for a genuine 5-door spoiler to turn up somewhere at a half-decent price. Very poor service from Doctors Garage and AliExpress. I think they inflate the postage costs and reduce the cost of the kit so refunds are just for the cost of the kit, ie, next to nothing..

Reactions: Compo1
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members