"Since start" consumption

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
Has anyone observed the consumption data "Since start"? The manual says, that every time you turn off and on the car, it should restart itself. In my case it just continues where it stopped in the journey before. Is there a trick somewhere?

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Has anyone observed the consumption data "Since start"? The manual says, that every time you turn off and on the car, it should restart itself. In my case it just continues where it stopped in the journey before. Is there a trick somewhere?

Not sure how it works on Mk3, but in Mk 2 there are 2 levels. You can change between the two using the 'ok' button. You will see a small '1' or '2' on the screen.

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
Not sure how it works on Mk3, but in Mk 2 there are 2 levels. You can change between the two using the 'ok' button. You will see a small '1' or '2' on the screen.

Will try that, thank you.

I found some info on the other forum, how it is reset in the Golf mk7. Since start automaticly resets itslef if you make trips that are at least two hours apart. The long term resets itself after 100 hours of driving and since refuel obviously when you top the fuel tank.

I'll take a look at the menus about this one and two option via the OK button.

Last edited:

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
Gartner/Ales is right - the "since start" is dependent on the duration of the stops!
Less than 2 hours during the da, and the mileage is cumulative.
Leave it overnight (or longer than 2 hours) and it will reset...

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
Gartner/Ales is right - the "since start" is dependent on the duration of the stops!
Less than 2 hours during the da, and the mileage is cumulative.
Leave it overnight (or longer than 2 hours) and it will reset...

Thank you for the comfirmation, Andrew. I presume that the OK button also resets the averge if held for a couple of seconds?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.