Single DIN DAB stereo install

CupraMark

Jul 1, 2016
I've bought a new Pioneer DAB stereo and was thinking of doing the install myself.

Anyone done something similar and know how easy it is to get the DAB aerial fitted tidily without having wires hanging out the headlining etc?

Bace

Aug 19, 2017
Kent
hi guys, did mine a while back. I have my DAB aerial on the front windscreen, passenger side, right at the top so when the sun visor is down (permanently) it is mostly hidden. I popped the glove box out and ran the cable neatly down from the window inside the A post plastic cover, dropped the end inside the space behind the glovebox area. It was six months ago, but i don't really recall it being too much hassle. And because the head unit has a microphone for calls too, I did the same the opposite side and placed the mic where the A post cover meets the head-liner at the top. Bit more involved this side, as you have to across above the pedals. recommend very small cable ties or some decent electrical tape to hold in place.
I have no signal issues with the aerial at the front as it is high up. It looked too much of an effort to install on the rear window and feeding through the cable grommet and across the headliner.

Hope this helps

B

Jack92

Done loads of them, you can get away with putting the aerial on any window really, depending how in-depth you want to go. I normally try and get them on the rear window as they are well and truly out the way.

However this is a lot more work, if you want it to look smart anyway. Do id recommend what the post above says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kr1s77

Feb 1, 2013
Birmingham
I did mine the way brace did. Here a pic of my antenna. It's about half way down the windscreen. It doesn't bother me there.
e330ffcf4be462c022c4d0c357cdd47a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Gaz20VT

Aug 5, 2011
Yes, fitted a Pioneer DEH-X7800DAB to my 1M LCR but went as far as to replace the original bee-sting aerial with a DAB one from DABonwheels. Was quite a job to fit, but my original FM-only aerial wasn't working anyway. Had to drop the glovebox, remove the left A-pillar trim and left passenger grab handles to drop the headlining, but went in OK and works a treat.

CupraMark

Jul 1, 2016
Yes, fitted a Pioneer DEH-X7800DAB to my 1M LCR but went as far as to replace the original bee-sting aerial with a DAB one from DABonwheels. Was quite a job to fit, but my original FM-only aerial wasn't working anyway. Had to drop the glovebox, remove the left A-pillar trim and left passenger grab handles to drop the headlining, but went in OK and works a treat.

That's the same stereo that I'm thinking of fitting.
Did you use the Bluetooth microphone too?

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
Can someone help explain how to secure the head unit and what I'm doing wrong. When I put the head unit in there is a black plastic ring at the back of the cavity that is stopping it from going any further.so its sticking out at the front. Its a standard single DIN Pioneer.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise