Slayed by Evo

Knigh

Jul 9, 2005
W Sussex
On Tuesday on the M1 came up behind a Evo VIII and wondered if I could keep up with this guy if he tried to pull away. Big mistake!! We came out of some road works and he gunned it and left me standing. Thought I would at least have a bit of a chance between 40 and ... I won't be doing that again - I'll leave that one to the Revo'd boys.

micky 32

Oct 30, 2003
Longford, Ireland
Visit site
the only EVO you might have a chance with is a IV. and you still would need a hybrid turbo. i had a race with one (on the straights mainly, id say corners forget it)

at first it appeared he was gonna pull away from me but he didnt, we reached 120 and i was still on his bumper, this was over 6 miles so it was a good and valid test, and on a private road too i might add...

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
micky 32 said:
the only EVO you might have a chance with is a IV. and you still would need a hybrid turbo. i had a race with one (on the straights mainly, id say corners forget it)

they really that quick in a straight line? would of thought not all evo's would leave you behind e.g. a 300BHP evo could be fairly equal to chipped LCR due to weight and awd etc, obviously the higher spec FQ's would be a different story

psq43

Wibbly Wobbly
Feb 1, 2005
Wiltshire
And dont forget, Mitsi now give you a free tube of glue with them so you can glue all the bits of loose trim that rattle withing a few miles back together again! lol

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
Knigh said:
On Tuesday on the M1 came up behind a Evo VIII and wondered if I could keep up with this guy if he tried to pull away. Big mistake!! We came out of some road works and he gunned it and left me standing. Thought I would at least have a bit of a chance between 40 and ... I won't be doing that again - I'll leave that one to the Revo'd boys.

Really?! I mean thought you had a chance!?!? ;)