Slight lowering from SE to FR ride height

Aug 25, 2019
I Have just ordered a 2016 Leon ST SE which I pick up next week. I have persuaded my dealer to throw in a set of 18” Dynamic alloys to replace the standard 16” wheels with the car, in an attempt to make it look and feel a little more sporty, HOWEVER....

I am aware that the FR (which these wheels were designed for) sits 15mm lower than an SE, and also I believe the 1.4 SE (the 125PS one) would have a torsion bar rather than the multilink setup of the higher powered models.

Knowing this, i assume getting my car to the ride height of an FR would be a difficult job? I’ve seen lowering kits available, but they have a 30-40mm drop, which is too far, and I don’t believe they’re for my setup. I’m not a technician by any stretch of the imagination, so would appreciate any advice.

I’d like to keep the car looking reasonably stock, but feel the lower ride height will make the car sit correctly with the wheels I have coming.

If anyone has done this modification, or can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.