Small mods for leon fr 2.0 Diesel Facelift (Automatic)

jfellows10

May 14, 2020
Just got my first leon fr mk3, looking to do some small interior/exterior mods to the car.

Has anyone got any recomendations for things like better pedals, car mats etc ? (This is an automatic so would need automatic pedals)

Cheers any help would be appreciated!

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Floor pan is identical to Mk7 golf (ie. Seat OEM rubber mats are marked Golf), so mats, pedals, footrests are interchangeable.

Replaced my footrest with metal finish to match the sports pedals using the eBay link in the ‘what did you do today thread’ - it’s a bit narrower than the plastic version (as I assume it’s optimised for auto and manual). Quality is not OEM, buts it’s good enough out of site, and improves the aesthetics.

jfellows10

May 14, 2020
Floor pan is identical to Mk7 golf (ie. Seat OEM rubber mats are marked Golf), so mats, pedals, footrests are interchangeable.

Replaced my footrest with metal finish to match the sports pedals using the eBay link in the ‘what did you do today thread’ - it’s a bit narrower than the plastic version (as I assume it’s optimised for auto and manual). Quality is not OEM, buts it’s good enough out of site, and improves the aesthetics.

Cheers for that, have you got a link at all i can nit seem to find the thread.

jfellows10

May 14, 2020

Would these fit okay for the leon fr then since they are mk7 golf pedals?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Right-Si...896530?hash=item445a11de12:g:fIIAAOSwLfNer~G3

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Sorry, it’s been almost a year since we’ve owned our PreFL FR - do they not come with the metal pedals? I know that my Octavia VRS and Cupra both had them.

In summary, yes if OEM or OEM replicas, they will fit. Sometimes there is very little difference in price between genuine and replicas, so call TPS or dealer first. Get them to use the VRN from a Cupra in the dealership or look up one on autotrader before you call.

Also purchased and fitted the metal footrest quoted previously. The pads are plastic and not rubber like the pedals, and the build quality is not up to OEM standards. Due to the fact it’s a universal fit for manual/auto, it’s about 10-15mm narrower than the one it replaces. However, it’s tucked away, fits without modification and is far more aesthetically pleasing than the original.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.