So many questions...

Ozy

Beware of the Puppy
Nov 26, 2002
Visit site
Does anyone run their Altea on 18" rims? I have a leon cupra R so understand about spine crunching just wondered what the Altea runs like on 18's. What are the bi xenon headlights like? I have not ordered them (based on the owner of the garages advice). Just ordered an MY07 Altea FR but yet to decide if i am going for Ada blue or Platinum as i cannot get anyone to tell me what shade ADA blue is and everytime I ask on here my post goes missing!

Also and probably more importantly, does anyone without kids have an Altea as I am having a bit of a battle with myself right now. The Altea is by far a better car than the new leon but I don't have any kids so don't need it for that just think out of the 2 cars it is the best - any thoughts???

Tell

Staff member
Ozy said:
Also and probably more importantly, does anyone without kids have an Altea as I am having a bit of a battle with myself right now. The Altea is by far a better car than the new leon but I don't have any kids so don't need it for that just think out of the 2 cars it is the best - any thoughts???

Well people with kids and a family are attracted to the sporting side of the Altea but the other side is the comfy bucket seats, sitting position, style, DSG etc and so forth. So don't be ashamed to own one without kids, I'm not and I can get two tom cats in mine ;) with room for three more... but I'll hold on that one.

Lem

I'm getting an FR and I don't have kids. Just want something more frugal and a bit more spacious (mainly for climbing and kiteboarding guff) than a Golf GTI, but still with some of the fun!

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Ozy said:
Does anyone run their Altea on 18" rims? I have a leon cupra R so understand about spine crunching just wondered what the Altea runs like on 18's. What are the bi xenon headlights like? I have not ordered them (based on the owner of the garages advice). Just ordered an MY07 Altea FR but yet to decide if i am going for Ada blue or Platinum as i cannot get anyone to tell me what shade ADA blue is and everytime I ask on here my post goes missing!

Hi Ozy,
I have the Bi Xenon lights on my Toledo and I rate them highly - they give a good spread of very white light and they are very good for harassing people who sit in the outside lane of the motorway!!:D
Incidentally, the sales guy at the dealer who supplied the car also said that he didn't think anybody should want them:headhurt:
Cheers,
John.

Ozy

Beware of the Puppy
Nov 26, 2002
Visit site
That makes me feel better! I am getting excited now but have to wait 6 weeks for the car as I am getting an MY07... maybe I should have just taken one off the shelf!

aceman

May 6, 2002
West Yorkshire
Visit site
When I ordered mine which was a standard off the shelf one I got it in less than a week which kind of felled me at the time as I wasn't expecting it for 2-3 weeks, almost didn't have time to say goodbye to the Ibiza :cry:

MSV User

Ozy said:

I don't have kids...just a cat (at least you can throw them out at night!) :D
The Altea reminds me of my Ibiza Cupra 8v - only better. Who cares if the Altea is marketed as a MPV (or is it MSV?)....lets face it - its just a high roof hatchback.

Ade

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.