Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Q3Anhsw.jpg

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Hi Jaco. Sorry not understand has something blown if results are worse on second run

r3d

Nov 21, 2018
Thats not what the graph says. Anyway, dyno calibration is way off.

r3d

Nov 21, 2018
Because run 1 and run 2 are mixed up :) No I’m not grumpy, but I did miss the fact its a 4wd so the numbers may be correct.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
TBH, I did not even notice those were in the wrong order until you brought it up ;)

This car was a press car owned by Seat here in Finland and I suspect something had been done to it before - it always felt faster than what it should and it was staying there with supposedly faster cars.

Also, last time I had it in for service, the guy that returned me the car asked "boys inside are sure this car is tuned - is it so?", so I am guessing they knew something I did not :)

I am still in Estonia, but when I go back to Finland I will setup some software to run some logs and then we can all (me included) make up our minds :)

...one thing I can say, I launched it once from the lights here and it scared me, so... It definitely is much faster than before.

r3d

Nov 21, 2018
You could have checked at the dealers before the last tune whether the ECU was modified.
Also not all the engines have the exactly the same power from factory.
Mapped 4wd dsg car should scare you when launching from standstill :)

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
To be fair it does say under run 1 tun (tuned?) and run 2 it says stock. Glad to see that 'stock' it's alreayd outputting about 15kw higher than specifications...which is what most of us kind of know this anyway. Assuming it was running 98/99RON fuel? I guess SEAT always turns a blind eye if it made over the 'required' power figures. Had a 2.0TDI 150 and I was convinced it was tuned (it was ex management car here in UK) and felt more like 160-170...now I've got a different car with 152BHP, and that feels slower, perhaps it does indeed output the 'honest' 152PS

Dec 25, 2019
Btw, number of the run means which was the best run, not the order of the runs they do ;)
So even, if they do several runs, number 1 is allways the best. Nothing is mixed up.
Can you describe the difference before and after the tune? Feels like a different car or not?
Did you get the DSG remap also?

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
The difference is quite obvious - it picks up immediately as you put foot on the gas.
Things I noticed so far:
- 0-100 time is much less, as is 0 - 200. It just climbs seamlessly through the range.
- gears are changing at 7000rpm (I think stock is 6500)
- DSG changes are much more crisp and the downshifts don't blip the throttle so much. They just change in the right place.
- Shifting points are much smoother and logical, meaning that driving in normal mode it shifts where you normally would if driving manually. Driving in sport mode, it also seems more clever, specially when you are not smashing the gas, meaning it will shift up earlier if gas is not full and shift later if you smashing.
- Oil temperature is a few degrees higher (expectable)
- Engine seems run smoother, consumption about the same
- Feels like a different car. I haven't timed it yet, but had a play with some also obviously tuned Mazda 3 at some lights yesterday at it took about 1 second to leave him behind.
Looking at the speed and where I was on the road, I was doing 137 on a place where I usually was at about 110 while stock and the way it reached 180 makes me think it will just keep climbing, but by then I let go... Which was good, because just as I brought it down to limit and as the pissed of Mazda flew by me, a cop car was driving the opposite direction :)
- Rev limiter when stationary has been upped, which means that if you want to properly hear the exhaust while stopped, you can.

Things I still need to do:
- Try launch control
- Log a run with some timing app
- Take it towards top speed (not sure I want to risk this one, since cops around here are particularly active and jumpy right now)

Overall, I am happy and it is obvious the car is way faster than what it was.
Still waiting to meet some proper fast car to see what is what ;)
If I had to nitpick and find negatives:
- Throttle response is a bit aggressive, even in comfort mode, which means that you really need to be gentle with that gas pedal when driving around. No doubt, something I will get used to.
- In comfort mode, when it goes from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th there seems to be a slight power dead spot but it also seems to be very tied to the amount of gas applied. Need to drive in a more mindful way to see if the problem is me or the tune.

Looking forward to meet this M140 that has teased me twice ;)
...if he is stock (which he should, since he was not so much faster) I think I can have him now :)

Reactions: Yellow fr
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members