Some features aren't working for me

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
I've just picked up my new Seat Leon FR with Tech Pack, which I'm super excited about. It's replaced my Ibiza FR.

However, there are some features that aren't working for me and I'd like to know how to activate them.

1. Windows won't close when holding the lock button like it did on my Ibiza
  2. Mirrors aren't folding when parked, even though I have the option selected.
  3. Mirrors sometimes point down when reversing. I'm hoping someone can explain how this works.

The dealer said I should be able to hold the lock button to fold the mirrors in but that doesn't seem to work and he isn't sure why. So I thought I'd ask the experts! [B)]

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
you can turn windows on fob on by doing a change with vagcom or obdeleven

mirrors should fold in on long press

when you put it in reverse the passenger mirror looks down at the curb, I did not like it so switched it off in media system

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Oh no! An excuse to buy an obdeleven! They even have a christmas special on! - Dear Santa....

The mirrors aren't folding in on a long press but I'll get an obdeleven and see if it's on there.

Cheers guys.

Last edited:

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Ok to sort the windows and folding mirrors you'll have to reset the windows. Simply open a window fully, close it again and once shut pull the switch up again for 5 seconds. Do this for all the windows and the auto close function will work again and the mirrors will fold in when locking if you hold the button on the key down for 2 seconds.

As for the lowering kerb function whilst reversing this only happens if the mirror knob is in the 'L' position - turn it to the middle to stop it from doing this

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
I'll give the resetting the windows thing a go in a bit and I'll let you know. Cheers for the advice. I already bought an obdeleven, because who doesn't like toys? :happy:

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
unless they've updated it, the manual tells you to have the mirror in the "RIGHT" position for reverse lowering, but that's because they forgot to swap for LHD/RHD cars.
Put the switch in the left hand position, select mirrors fold when reversing in the menu on the media system, turn ignition on and select reverse. Move the LH mirror to where you want it to be when lowered. When you drive off it's revert to normal, But it only works if the switch is on the LH mirror setting.

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Ok, resetting the windows fixed the folding mirrors and the window closing feature!

The wing mirrors dipping when reversing has been fixed by resetting it and putting on the lhd setting. I'm a tad ocd with buttons and stuff so I always had it on the 0.

Side note, does anyone else get annoyed at the power button spinning when changing volume, causing it to be the wrong way or wonky? :think:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Ok, resetting the windows fixed the folding mirrors and the window closing feature!

The wing mirrors dipping when reversing has been fixed by resetting it and putting on the lhd setting. I'm a tad ocd with buttons and stuff so I always had it on the 0.

Side note, does anyone else get annoyed at the power button spinning when changing volume, causing it to be the wrong way or wonky? :think:

Remember if you want the mirrors to heat ( when you turn heated rear window on) the mirror knob has to be turned to the 'heat' position , otherwise it doesn't work. Helpful , I know. To heat or not to heat, that is the question. Whether it is nobler in the mind to.... Whoops, came over all classical then. Its the drugs. I need more..... :D

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
I haven't really felt the need for the heated wing mirrors, they're always folded when parked so even if it's cold overnight by being folded they're protected from getting too bad anyway, if you don't want the power button the wrong way turn it fully once so that it's on and upright and then just use the wheel controls to change volume?

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
I haven't really felt the need for the heated wing mirrors, they're always folded when parked so even if it's cold overnight by being folded they're protected from getting too bad anyway, if you don't want the power button the wrong way turn it fully once so that it's on and upright and then just use the wheel controls to change volume?

I used heated wing mirrors on the ibiza all the time in winter but they didn't fold. I usually set the button the right way up, then those animals called passengers get in the car and turn it. :rofl:

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Remember if you want the mirrors to heat ( when you turn heated rear window on) the mirror knob has to be turned to the 'heat' position , otherwise it doesn't work. Helpful , I know. To heat or not to heat, that is the question. Whether it is nobler in the mind to.... Whoops, came over all classical then. Its the drugs. I need more..... :D

More drugs, less shakespeare sounds like a good plan to me. lol

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
I used heated wing mirrors on the ibiza all the time in winter but they didn't fold. I usually set the button the right way up, then those animals called passengers get in the car and turn it. :rofl:

I operate a strict "look but don't touch" policy, only passenger I usually have is my girlfriend, she started pressing buttons and had no idea what she was doing so has since been banned from going near the infotainment haha

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
I operate a strict "look but don't touch" policy, only passenger I usually have is my girlfriend, she started pressing buttons and had no idea what she was doing so has since been banned from going near the infotainment haha

And your girlfriend actually listens to you? I've told my misses a million times not to eat, drink, touch, slam the doors, mess the seating positions up. All of which she still does. [:@]

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
And your girlfriend actually listens to you? I've told my misses a million times not to eat, drink, touch, slam the doors, mess the seating positions up. All of which she still does. [:@]

Most of the time yeah, honestly if she spilt anything in it I'd stop the car and make her get out

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Most of the time yeah, honestly if she spilt anything in it I'd stop the car and make her get out

My brothers soon to be wife spilt a protein shake in his car and it still to this day smells of a yeast infection in his car! :cartman:

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members