Someone know what the blue line is indicating on this Cockpit display?

SEALen1

Apr 18, 2021
Sweden
So I got the eHybrid version and I use this display panel:

On the left you have a blue and a green line. It's says power % and charge. When you drive in EV mode you get a thicker line above this indicating power from (blue) and to (green) the battery... but the thin blue line changes length as you drive. Especially at higher speeds and up hills it gets shorter. What does this indicate? Less power available? Anyone know?

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
From the owner’s manual - page 83;

EC3F97A8-CADC-41A4-A778-6BD7D5839660.jpeg

SEALen1

Apr 18, 2021
Sweden
Thank you. Missed that in the manual. So if you go above the thin blue line with the thick one the petrol engine will start I guess. I now understand why it just suddenly started on me in EV mode the other day.
The petrol engine will also start if there is a kickdown event. That is a good thing though :)

Too bad there is no "true ev" mode that won't start the petrol unless the battery is to low or there is a kickdown. I wouldn't mind slowing down a little on hills when on cruice controll.

I have also found that I can't go back in Ev mode for a long time if the petrol starts for whatever reason. Guess I have to monitor this gague and take my foot of the gas on the hills manually.

Swedemike

Apr 4, 2021
There is a true ev mode just as you described, I always drive in that mode. Just don’t press the gas pedal the last inch because that triggers kick-down. I havevdriven 400km without using any petrol at all right now.

When you press gas pedal to bottom the gasoline engine will run 3-5 minutes to warm up then it goes to sleep again.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members