Sound Aktuator / Fake Noise Cupra Mk3

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
70 plate, not sure what a GPF is tho if I’m honest
It's an additional component in the exhaust system (after the cat and before the centre res) to reduce emissions and make the car WLTP compliant.
It was only fitted from wk 38 in 2018 onwards and only to the 7spd DSG cars. The hatch has one GPF but the ST has two side-by-side.

Reactions: George Vinten

George Vinten

BlueCupra290
May 7, 2020
Kent
It's an additional component in the exhaust system (after the cat and before the centre res) to reduce emissions and make the car WLTP compliant.
It was only fitted from wk 38 in 2018 onwards and only to the 7spd DSG cars. The hatch has one GPF but the ST has two side-by-side.
Right okay, should have guessed it would have been something to do with emissions, everything is nowadays.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
MMM Thinking back now the Cupra R I had on demo from the Garage [326 miles] did that too. If you over revved it 3 times it popped and banged. However from then on just ran out of breath like an old Carburetor/distributor car or a Diesel which comes up against a wall and stops accelerating.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
I unplugged mine 3/4 days ago and I’ve noticed straight away the pops and bangs stop after not to so long
I am now desperate for you to PLUG IT BACK IN AGAIN. I will not for now until I get another Carista as mine has expired.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise