Sound System

Abran

Hi guys.

I've had my 2010 Bocanegra for just over a week now. I was playing with the equalizer and noticed that when I pan the sound 100% to the rear, I only get sound out of the left speaker. Confirmed by pannining everything to the rear and right. I get nothing. So there is a fault somewhere.

I have a garage warranty for a month, but I am unsure if this qualifies as something they would repair. And it is some distance from me to travel back there.

Has anybody replaced/repaired their rear speakers before? If its easy enough, i"d like to get at the speaker myself. But not so much if there is a risk of snapping any plastic clips etc.

Thanks, Alex

LJA

Oct 8, 2010
Derbyshire
I'd literally just phone the garage,

I bought the car on blah blah.
The rear speaker isnt working
When can I see you for you to replace it under the 30 day warranty

Thanks

Abran

The Garage arent playing Ball. Not too happy about that. Anybody know how to gain access to these speakers? Hopefully Its a lose connection/Broken speaker, and not something wrong with the Head Unit. I can imagaine that being a difficult job.

Xanthianx

Apr 5, 2013
Worcester, UK
Garage arent playing ball? then I suggest you put some pressure on them,
Youve had a car for a week that is now broken or may have been broken at purchase they have a duty to repair/refund that, doesnt matter that its a sound system.

Your consumer rights – products must be:

of satisfactory quality - last for the time you would expect and be free of any defects
fit for purpose – fit for the use described and any specific use you made clear to the trader
as described – match the description on packaging or what the trader told you

heres a good page for you to read
main extract from this I would point out : The car shouldn't have any defects, except what the seller points out to you before you agree to buy it. Or anything obvious that you should be able to see when you inspect the car

Last edited: