Sound system

Kirman93

Apr 25, 2015
Hi guys
I have just bought a 14 plate Seat Leon FR 184 and seat have given me the Seat Sound subwoofer to go in the boot. I'm just wondering if there is already the wires in the car for the subwoofer to go in the boot or if it requires additional wiring and if it is an expensive job.
Thanks Danny.

Tom_91

Feb 9, 2015
St. Albans
Hi guys
I have just bought a 14 plate Seat Leon FR 184 and seat have given me the Seat Sound subwoofer to go in the boot. I'm just wondering if there is already the wires in the car for the subwoofer to go in the boot or if it requires additional wiring and if it is an expensive job.
Thanks Danny.

So you have a car without the sound system upgrade and they just gave you the sub as a part.. Why did they do this?

Anyway to partly answer your question, there is no wiring to the boot for the sub if you don't have the upgrade option from factory so additional wiring will definitely be required. I also don't have the sound system upgrade and am looking to get this done. The sub and dash speaker are very cheap parts (less than £50 for both). The major issue is whether the car is amped up properly to take the additional speakers. If it is then its going to be an easy/fairly cheap installation for us.

To move forward with this we need someone who has the sound system upgrade to remove their head unit from the glove compartment and tell us the part number. If its the same as ours then it should just be plug and play. If not, then its going to be more expensive..

santi

Sep 5, 2015
Preston
I'm a bit puzzled with my seat sound, it says on my drivers door speaker that I have seat sound system, but I cannot locate the subwoofer in the boot. Am I right in saying it should be where the spare wheel should be? Ive looked there and all i can find is the puncture repair kit.

The sound is great is and the base is pritty good, so it does sound like I have it, but the fact I can't find the subwoofer is alarming. Did seat ever make the system so the subwoofer was positioned elsewhere?

Last edited:

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
I'm a bit puzzled with my seat sound, it says on my drivers door speaker that I have seat sound system, but I cannot locate the subwoofer in the boot. Am I right in saying it should be where the spare should wheel should be? Ive looked there and all i can find is the puncture repair kit.

The sound is great is and the base is pritty good, so it does sound like I have it, but the fact I can't find the subwoofer is alarming. Did seat ever make the system so the subwoofer was positioned elsewhere?

is there any cable going to the boot where the spare wheel is ?

could the door cards of been changed with seat sound ones by mistake ?

i think you need the build spec pulling up from a dealer , you car sounds like it has a strange history ? where did it come from

Last edited:

santi

Sep 5, 2015
Preston
is there any cable going to the boot where the spare wheel is ?

could the door cards of been changed with seat sound ones by mistake ?

i think you need the build spec pulling up from a dealer , you car sounds like it has a strange history ? where did it come from
No I'm pritty sure there isn't any wires leading to there, I hope to god some idiot hasn't just put a seat sound badge there to make it look good. Its had 1 previous owner from new and its 2 years old, bought it from a garage who used it as their company car for a few months. Apparently its an ex demo car.

I was going to ring seat customer service today about it but they are closed at weekends, the sound is good though and there is base there when its needed, so it seems strange

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
I hope to god some idiot hasn't just put a seat sound badge there to make it look good.

sounds that way

should have this in the boot

xPDyvfyl.jpg

santi

Sep 5, 2015
Preston
Nope, all I've got is the puncture repair kit, sounds like I'm going to have to call customer services see what's going on

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise