South East meets

jiraffe

Dec 6, 2020
kent
Just thought id stick a thread up see if anyone fancys a meet on the next month or 2

in Maidstone area, but dont mind a drive ish.

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
I'm up for a meet! There's not been one for bloody ages, even before lockdown. I've been keeping my eye on Facebook and it seems completely dead. Last time I went to one was over at AmD Essex about 2-3 years ago.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Is there a location that you think is good for a meet? We hope to have one with our sponsors in Letchworth but that's not even close to you haha

If there is a location where we can get approval of the land owner and the meet is down as static only we can happily promote it, I'm pretty much a 6 hour round trip from Maidstone but happy to travel if something comes about...

Be good to head further south with our meets it's just finding a good location.

Cheers

jiraffe

Dec 6, 2020
kent
I'm up for a meet! There's not been one for bloody ages, even before lockdown. I've been keeping my eye on Facebook and it seems completely dead. Last time I went to one was over at AmD Essex about 2-3 years ago.
Thats a long time lol, im not on facebook so this is my only way :)

Reactions: Jimbobcook

jiraffe

Dec 6, 2020
kent
Is there a location that you think is good for a meet? We hope to have one with our sponsors in Letchworth but that's not even close to you haha

If there is a location where we can get approval of the land owner and the meet is down as static only we can happily promote it, I'm pretty much a 6 hour round trip from Maidstone but happy to travel if something comes about...

Be good to head further south with our meets it's just finding a good location.

Cheers
i havent got a clue tbh i was thinking maybe the coast,

or maybe a breakfast meet somewhere with a carpark where we can eat and chat and be no bother to others and we can do our own thing, im about out of sorts with meets has to be 5 years ago mine with the vxr lot :)

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Thats a long time lol, im not on facebook so this is my only way :)
I'm the same, there was a time I was only searching this forum, then peo6said it's pretty much all on social media for meets...nice one, I'm not in social media. Anyway, created a throwaway account for Audi, BW and SEAT meets to no avail. Sad times.

Reactions: jiraffe

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
We try and keep our meets on the forum only unless we're low on numbers etc our meets are about to start up again hopefully but we don't have anything as far south as you guys and girls but we're slowly getting there. Our issue is keeping this civilised so people owning the land invite us back. I've had some bad feedback from FB groups going to locations and treating it like a race track.

As you can imagine it's pretty difficult for us to find a location without being from that area fo the country, hopefully we can find something and move it forward, the coast is always nice but parking is normally tough and birds like my blue car for target practice haha

jiraffe

Dec 6, 2020
kent
I'm the same, there was a time I was only searching this forum, then peo6said it's pretty much all on social media for meets...nice one, I'm not in social media. Anyway, created a throwaway account for Audi, BW and SEAT meets to no avail. Sad times.
yeah know what you mean

jiraffe

Dec 6, 2020
kent
We try and keep our meets on the forum only unless we're low on numbers etc our meets are about to start up again hopefully but we don't have anything as far south as you guys and girls but we're slowly getting there. Our issue is keeping this civilised so people owning the land invite us back. I've had some bad feedback from FB groups going to locations and treating it like a race track.

As you can imagine it's pretty difficult for us to find a location without being from that area fo the country, hopefully we can find something and move it forward, the coast is always nice but parking is normally tough and birds like my blue car for target practice haha
im just looking for like minded people to eat and chat with to old for the other crap that what car shows are for.

there a cafe called 1066, on the A21 down to hastings, they have alot of bkie there and have been there a few times with the vxr lot :) might be worth a go

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
im just looking for like minded people to eat and chat with to old for the other crap that what car shows are for.

there a cafe called 1066, on the A21 down to hastings, they have alot of bkie there and have been there a few times with the vxr lot :) might be worth a go
That's what we're all about on here, be good to sort something out. I'll send them an email and see what they say, any other options anyone can think of let me know.

Cheers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.