Space Saver Wheels ?

FR Cool

Nov 8, 2020
Hi guys as some of you know by now I have only had my SEAT Leon FR mk 1 for nearly 4 months now and the other day whilst looking for the cars colour code factory sticker in the spare wheel compartment it crossed my mind if it would be a good idea to swap the factory sized spare wheel for a lighter space saver one. Have any of you Leon mk 1 owners already done this and if so does it improve the performance of the car in terms of the weight reduction ? Also what are the pros and cons of swapping the wheel ?

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Id say leave it as is. The wheel is positioned roughly in the middle so minimal balance issues. And as for weight loss. Unless you are drag racing, and i mean at the strip i cant see the benefit of changing it to a smaller wheel.
Maybe take it out and see if it feels any different.

Also with a skinny wheel in the boot. The boot carpet may sink.

Rich

Reactions: FR Cool

FR Cool

Nov 8, 2020
Id say leave it as is. The wheel is positioned roughly in the middle so minimal balance issues. And as for weight loss. Unless you are drag racing, and i mean at the strip i cant see the benefit of changing it to a smaller wheel.
Maybe take it out and see if it feels any different.

Also with a skinny wheel in the boot. The boot carpet may sink.

Rich
Thanks once again Rich for your advice. Much appreciated. By the way I ordered the rear spoiler on Monday. Same one as the one on the black Leon. It will take about 4 weeks give or take to arrive plus the priming, painting and installation. Will sure sent you a couple of pics when its on.

Reactions: Rich.T