Spare tyre what tyre to use

britishsligean

Dec 23, 2014
Ireland
After doing some work on my mk 4 trying to fix my rear washer which I finally have, I had to remove my spare tyre to get to a bolt I dropped, that story aside the tyre is bald and to my pleasant surprise it is a full size spare not the space saver I was expecting, I am just wondering should I put on a cheap tyre as I plan to use it only as a spare or put on a similar type of tyre to what I have on, the current tyres I have on are Tigar Sigura's for anyone wondering they're a spin off of Michelin, so should I just get a cheap tyre or put on a similar tyre to what I have on?

RMJ

If in doubt, bodge it!
Mar 23, 2014
Winsford, Cheshire
If you are ONLY going to use it for short periods while you get another tyre or a puncture repaired, then I wouldn't be shelling out for a decent tyre to be honest. Ching chong tyres have their place and imo it's on spares haha.

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
Remember when you buy a spare tyre to make sure it's got an non-directional or asymmetric tread pattern. If it's directional it will only fit on one side of the car.

Cupra_Bod

Oct 10, 2014
Remember when you buy a spare tyre to make sure it's got an non-directional or asymmetric tread pattern. If it's directional it will only fit on one side of the car.

That's not something that I had ever thought of, thanks mate

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.