Spare Wheel Kit

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
Have dumped the standard inflation kit overboard and replaced it with a proper spare wheel, albeit a space saver obviously.

Got a very good deal for the whole kit from SEAT dealer Vospers down Plymouth way.
20200723_172728_HDR.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Did that come with the side grey bit with the tape on or is that the car ?.

Sometime since I've looked at mine which was the factory fitted option. That's a Leon one which they sell as a retrofit. You got the half circle on the left which means the Leon one. Wonder whether the white stuff was packing they provided to fill the gap. The factory fitted one takes the tools on both sides. All a bit academic since you only look under there when there is a problem which you hope never to happen... forgetting to pump it up etc.

Returned from Luxembourg once on a skinny, was a Sunday, nowhere was open there, strict Sunday rules. The tyre had developed a bulge so one wasn't going anywhere on that, so skinny fitted Saturday night and off for the ferry Sunday. Proved it's worth.

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
Did that come with the side grey bit with the tape on or is that the car ?.

Sometime since I've looked at mine which was the factory fitted option. That's a Leon one which they sell as a retrofit. You got the half circle on the left which means the Leon one. Wonder whether the white stuff was packing they provided to fill the gap. The factory fitted one takes the tools on both sides. All a bit academic since you only look under there when there is a problem which you hope never to happen... forgetting to pump it up etc.

Returned from Luxembourg once on a skinny, was a Sunday, nowhere was open there, strict Sunday rules. The tyre had developed a bulge so one wasn't going anywhere on that, so skinny fitted Saturday night and off for the ferry Sunday. Proved it's worth.
Not sure what you're referring to when you say the 'side grey bit'...

Tell

Staff member
Not sure what you're referring to when you say the 'side grey bit'...

Think I was thrown by your car being white so the inside is white, mines rhodium grey. So I don't see it like that. The factory fitted one has that plastic packing materiel on the right as indicated. It was that left - right part they never sold at launch so if you didn't buy the spare you couldn't get the plastic packing as per factory with the cubby holes to store things in. That might be a part now, rings a bell. The factory fitted one in the picture. Not being able to buy it seeded threads and bugged people.
Screenshot_20200725-214716.jpg
20200725_211930.png

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
Think I was thrown by your car being white so the inside is white, mines rhodium grey. So I don't see it like that. The factory fitted one has that plastic packing materiel on the right as indicated. It was that left - right part they never sold at launch so if you didn't buy the spare you couldn't get the plastic packing as per factory with the cubby holes to store things in. That might be a part now, rings a bell. The factory fitted one in the picture. Not being able to buy it seeded threads and bugged people. View attachment 16894 View attachment 16893
[/QUOT

The left side polystyrene tool holder is the only one in the kit, but it holds everything.

Reactions: Tell
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise