Speaker quality

Matty_mk6FR

Matty_Cupra300
Oct 23, 2018
Has anyone had any issues with the standard speakers in the FR? I’ve had mine just over 18 months and the rear passenger speaker has blown. When I took it into the dealer, they told me it needed replacing however the lead time was around 2 weeks for the replacement. However, when driving around today I have noticed the driver side speaker has also blown. Both are covered by the warranty, however it’s slightly worrying that the speakers are lasting less than 2 years on a brand new model

Mihai A.

Apr 24, 2020
antoce.me
Mine is 18 months old as well. All the plastics squeak, found myself having to use silicone lubricant to stop myself from going insane. I can only hope it lasts another 18months until I give it back.

My sound system is so weak, I have to put the bass all the way up on the equaliser, which makes the windows rattle ...

Now that I've been through it, I would never want to own a Seat outright. always lease or pcp and never keep it for more than 3 years. When the warranty runs out, you're doomed. I think they shot themselves in the foot here with these new Atecas and Tarracos sacrificing quality for gizmos.

Gizmos are going to be obsolete in a few years, or found on really any cheap model, but then you'd at least have the engine right? and a solid car. Think again.

It's a fantastic looking car, pity.

Reactions: Matty_mk6FR

Matty_mk6FR

Matty_Cupra300
Oct 23, 2018
Mine is 18 months old as well. All the plastics squeak, found myself having to use silicone lubricant to stop myself from going insane. I can only hope it lasts another 18months until I give it back.

My sound system is so weak, I have to put the bass all the way up on the equaliser, which makes the windows rattle ...

Now that I've been through it, I would never want to own a Seat outright. always lease or pcp and never keep it for more than 3 years. When the warranty runs out, you're doomed. I think they shot themselves in the foot here with these new Atecas and Tarracos sacrificing quality for gizmos.

Gizmos are going to be obsolete in a few years, or found on really any cheap model, but then you'd at least have the engine right? and a solid car. Think again.

It's a fantastic looking car, pity.
Couldn’t agree more! To look at, it is a gorgeous car, however I can’t help but feel like they’ve let the car down with using cheap materials. The rattles are endless, and the main gripe I’ve got about the car is the fact the rear windows are wind down. The price gap between the Ibiza FR and the polo equivalent (R Line) is fairly large, however I feel like with a VW the quality is always top notch

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Aye, it appears that SEAT is now bottom of the pile in the VAG family, not good as has been mentioned they are good looking.
Thankfully I’ve got mk1 Leon which is superb with 1 very faint squeak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Matty_mk6FR

Matty_mk6FR

Matty_Cupra300
Oct 23, 2018
Aye, it appears that SEAT is now bottom of the pile in the VAG family, not good as has been mentioned they are good looking.
Thankfully I’ve got mk1 Leon which is superb with 1 very faint squeak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was always under the impression Skoda were designed to be the “poorest”, then seat, VW and Audi, however Skoda seems to be closer to VW standard

Reactions: bruceR

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Have to say mine is pretty good, no rattles and everying is solid. Had a Fiesta Zetec S before and it rattled like no ones business. I also find the sound of the FR setup pretty decent. Better than anything I have ever had as standard before, it does need a bit of playing around with the equaliser though. I keep hearing people going on about the lack of rear window winders. What other car at the price point gets them as standard? The Fiesta ST Line doesn't have them, the Polo doesn't have them and they are more expensive cars. You need to go to the Fiesta ST Line X which is over £20000 to get them and higher up the Polo range, again more expensive, to get them. Overall I think that, for what you pay, its a pretty decent car.

Reactions: Mihai A.

Mihai A.

Apr 24, 2020
antoce.me
Have to say mine is pretty good, no rattles and everying is solid. Had a Fiesta Zetec S before and it rattled like no ones business. I also find the sound of the FR setup pretty decent. Better than anything I have ever had as standard before, it does need a bit of playing around with the equaliser though. I keep hearing people going on about the lack of rear window winders. What other car at the price point gets them as standard? The Fiesta ST Line doesn't have them, the Polo doesn't have them and they are more expensive cars. You need to go to the Fiesta ST Line X which is over £20000 to get them and higher up the Polo range, again more expensive, to get them. Overall I think that, for what you pay, its a pretty decent car.

When it comes to anything in the back, except AC, unless someone riding in the back contributed money towards me buying the car, they have no right to moan, lol.

Reactions: ayrshiredude

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
The Polo does actually @ayrshiredude - all but the base model 'S' cars have all round electric windows. And as you say, the Polo is a more expensive car. But the rest of them at the Ibiza's price point? Nope.

Reactions: ayrshiredude
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.