Speaker/tweeter

The Swed

Aug 24, 2017
Sweden
I have noticed that there are no tweeters in the back doors, the children complain a bit about it. I have some that I thought I would use, can I connect to the speaker that sits there or are there pre-assembled
for tweeters in the doors if there are what colors should I look for, year 2014

DigitalSushi

Sep 7, 2020
Firstly i am not a sound system expert, but an electrical engineer so please don't take this as gospel..

If there is nothing there now then you probably should be careful adding extra speakers to a system that isn't designed for them as you could change the impedance of the speaker circuit which may damage the amplifier or actually make the system sound worse.

Reactions: Woody_72

The Swed

Aug 24, 2017
Sweden
Of course I agree with the impedance, I have been competing in car sound for a few years (dB-dragracing EX1 2004 and Bassrace 2006. I was just wondering if anyone knew about the cables in the doors. Maybe it was a bit unclear in my previous post but anyone who knows where the impedance is on the original speakers, it is 8, 6, 4 ohms. just wanted to know in advance so you do not have to put in unnecessary work ..

Attachments

• Extreme-fista.jpg
    Extreme-fista.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 118
  • rex ver 3.jpg
    rex ver 3.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: Mr Pig

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
The workshop manuals are here:

There are a couple of manuals where you may find the wiring diagrams that you are after.

There are also some speaker specific wiring diagrams in this thread that may be of interest:

Last edited:

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Guess you have the 6 speaker soundsystem, thought the tweeters were next to the rear door handles...

The Swed

Aug 24, 2017
Sweden
yes there is, I looked at a schedule and then there are 2 different midbases and they play on different frequencies one 55-12.5kHz and the other 75-15kHz is the filter that does it or rolls them by itself. So the question is is the full signal on the speaker cables? if I want to switch to others,

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
yes there is, I looked at a schedule and then there are 2 different midbases and they play on different frequencies one 55-12.5kHz and the other 75-15kHz is the filter that does it or rolls them by itself. So the question is is the full signal on the speaker cables? if I want to switch to others,
For the rear doors the full frequency is supplied from the head unit to the doors, if you have 2 speakers in each door (tweeter and mid/bass) the wires split to feed each speaker, there is no crossover.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise