Speech control on wheel

Latman

Sep 18, 2014
Glasgow
Hey Folks,

Just getting used to my 63 Leon SE. Ive noticed this speech control button, but it doesnt appear to do anything. Its supposedly push to talk but pressing the button and talking gets no reply.

Is it for the technology pack level equipment?

Is there somewhere that published the list of commands etc?

Cheers,

Lat

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
it should work when you have the media system on.
if you select "radio", with the radio playing, press Speech button, and up pop the possible commands.
In Phone menu, you get choice of phone commands.
I was amazed that I could find a street in Portishead just by voice command.....just a bit slow responding.
but you need the media system working first...

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
Personally, I never use it anyway... Never once has it ever understood what I'm saying. It really is totally useless. I don't have a strong regional accent either. Far easier to just push the buttons myself!

I don't actually know whether you get voice control if you don't have media plus, but trust me, you aren't missing much!

weirdkerr

Nov 24, 2013
Morayshire
I have it in my SE , made the mistake of pressing it while someone was in the passenger seat....

how was I meant to know my car was previously owned by mi6 Q department... LOL

askew

Aug 6, 2014
Heh.

I have asked it to navigate me home on occasions when taking an alternative route to avoid traffic: did well! On the downside, after asking it to swap back to the radio, who knows what it did... wanted the actual station but didn't recognise anything I asked for and left me in silence.

UTCIAD

Dorset
May 6, 2014
Bournemouth
I've used it a few times too - mainly when I'm on my own to set a new destination as it is less fiddly than typing one in on the screen. For some reason though the Sat Nav seems more likely to drop the route if I've set it using voice command - weirdest one yet was when heading from Milton Keynes to Pembrokeshire, when going through Bicester the car decided we were in Wolsfburg - very helpful.
I agree with earlier post about the radio too - voice command seems less likely to find a station which is actually listed on the screen.

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
I've used it a few times too - mainly when I'm on my own to set a new destination as it is less fiddly than typing one in on the screen. For some reason though the Sat Nav seems more likely to drop the route if I've set it using voice command - weirdest one yet was when heading from Milton Keynes to Pembrokeshire, when going through Bicester the car decided we were in Wolsfburg - very helpful.
I agree with earlier post about the radio too - voice command seems less likely to find a station which is actually listed on the screen.

Weird, mine doesn't allow control of the radio only phone and nav. Not that it matters much as it's absolutely useless.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013

I have started my journey from Wolfsburg (Home of VAG and father to SEAT) several times even though the car has never left the country. I've even taken photos of it in case I need to prove it to the dealer.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.