Speed Limiter

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
Has anyone used the speed limiter with success?

I read the manual that has been uploaded to this forum, however when I test drove the Formentor I couldn’t set the speed limiter to restrict me from speeding. It seemed to keep engaging cruise control.

Thanks

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
On the steering wheel I think you press the speed limiter/cruise control button then push the arrow buttons below to switch between the two. It got me thinking though and I'll try it tomorrow, but to clarify I have seen it come up on my dash, just have to figure out what I pressed. :joystick:

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
On the steering wheel I think you press the speed limiter/cruise control button then push the arrow buttons below to switch between the two. It got me thinking though and I'll try it tomorrow, but to clarify I have seen it come up on my dash, just have to figure out what I pressed. :joystick:
I look forward to hearing how you got on once you’ve tried it!

Reactions: jcbmally

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Soz @JonnyT.
Well I tried and tried but couldn't get the limiter to work, still no idea what I did last time but it's not something I'm bothered bout.
Not ideal but you can set a speed limit in the infotainment that will flash up and "bong" when you exceed the set limit.

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
So had a brain fart then figured it out @JonnyT . Now this is a bit long winded but here goes.
To use the speed limiter you select the assist programs by using the switch on the end of the indicator stalk, you then scroll the menu displayed in the DIS using the right hand thumb wheel to cruise control, select cruise control on by pressing the cruise control button on the left side of the steering wheel, once that is selected (highlighted with red tick box) use the right hand thumb wheel to scroll to speed limiter and select ok with the right thumb wheel (again red check box). This is now active and you increase/decrease the speed limit you want using the set/- + on the left side of the steering wheel.
Basically it wont let you select limiter unless the cruise is activated, only then you scroll the menu to change to limiter. Hope tht all makes sense, might even video it.

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
So had a brain fart then figured it out @JonnyT . Now this is a bit long winded but here goes.
To use the speed limiter you select the assist programs by using the switch on the end of the indicator stalk, you then scroll the menu displayed in the DIS using the right hand thumb wheel to cruise control, select cruise control on by pressing the cruise control button on the left side of the steering wheel, once that is selected (highlighted with red tick box) use the right hand thumb wheel to scroll to speed limiter and select ok with the right thumb wheel (again red check box). This is now active and you increase/decrease the speed limit you want using the set/- + on the left side of the steering wheel.
Basically it wont let you select limiter unless the cruise is activated, only then you scroll the menu to change to limiter. Hope tht all makes sense, might even video it.
Thank you that is really helpful, however it sounds very complicated. My Ateca is so easy to use in comparison!

A video would be really helpful once you’ve got some spare time!

Thanks again.

Reactions: jcbmally
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members